Getting in Shape

WW app

I'm not frequently on the GIS board but looking for some info - thought you girls are the place to go to!

My mom is on WW and pays $20/month for the online program.  I use MyFitnessPal and pay $0.  She wants to try something like MFP to save the monthly fee but is already used to the WW points (plus?) system and finds the calories kind of confusing since she's done WW for so long. 

Is there an app (Android) that does the same WW point tracking that would save her the $20/month?

Re: WW app

• The only one that I know of is the WW andriod app. That app is very buggy and very rarely works but she has to pay for access. WW is very protective/sue happy for anyone using WW points on a non WW app. Why not try doing MFP in addition to WW. After a few months she can transition to the MFP for free. It might be easier for her then once she gets used to it. 
  • I have MFP app on my phone and a WW calculator app. I can look up foods, then figure out how many points they are. I track all of my points on paper. I do the program for free that way :)

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

261 Invited image
    174 Want to Party image
    56 Are Party Poopers image
    31 Can't find the mailbox image
  • Ditto JSarver's recommendation - the WW points calculator app is free, so you can keep track of your points by hand as long as you know how many you're supposed to be eating.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • I'm not doing the "new" program as I tried it last summer and lost/gained the same 5 pounds. I started doing the "old" program about 3 months ago and have lost 14 pounds so far :) As long as you know how many points you're suppose to be eating, you should be able to do the program without spending all the money!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

261 Invited image
    174 Want to Party image
    56 Are Party Poopers image
    31 Can't find the mailbox image
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Thanks guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards