Getting in Shape

Planet Fitness

Has anyone gone to Planet Fitness? I love the price (I'm poor...) and I like that its a gym that doesn't focus on already in shape people. My biggest question is does Planet Fitness operate like Victory Fitness where you're assigned a trainer and have to follow their plan or are you free to work out on your own, at your own pace? Another big question is is the $10/month a you get what you pay for situation (does the gym suck?).

Re: Planet Fitness

• I used Planet Fitness in high school. They have trainers there, but I think they're extra. I could be wrong, HS was a long enough time ago for me. Although, the workers can help you out if you have questions about a machine or a workout. I liked it a lot. The equipment was top of the line, there was more than enough and I never had to wait for a treadmill, and it was pretty average joe type people in there. Plus 24/7 hours are nice. I thought it was worth the $10/month. I more than got my $10 out of them every month. Be wary though, if you ever want to cancel, you have to do it in person. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My sister has a planet fitness account - it's super cool that she can always bring a guest for free. I've gone with her a couple of times when I'm out of town (and thus nowhere near my local gym).

The gym is super structured and has a crap-ton of equipment (weights and cardio). 

For $10/month I'd say you get MORE than what you pay for, particularly if you want to bring friends.
  • $10 a month?!? Daammmmmm I wish that was available to me here in Canada! i pay $65 a month for my gym membership.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I go to Planet Fitness. I'm going to guess that they're all the same, so here goes-- If you're looking for classes, it's not the gym for you. If you're looking for clean, straight forward gym, then you're in luck. There are all shapes and sizes that go to mine. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_planet-fitness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:cc860690-2e69-4868-b316-1183fc95f524Post:7a1114ca-2fdf-4bbe-91f1-949a0564893b">Re: Planet Fitness</a>:
    [QUOTE]I<strong> go to Planet Fitness. I'm going to guess that they're all the same, so here goes-- If you're looking for classes, it's not the gym for you. If you're looking for clean, straight forward gym, then you're in luck. There are all shapes and sizes that go to mine. 
    </strong>Posted by misssunshine17[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. I went to planet fitness for a long time. I was convenient and I got a couple personal training sessions for free. After awhile I was looking for a place that had classes so I switched to LA Fitness.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards