Getting in Shape

newly engaged and wanting to LOSE weight!

I am recently engaged and have been struggling with my weight for a few years now! I figure its now or never and I should get it all off before the wedding!! As soon as possible! Anyone have any good tips/tricks/ANYTHING? I'm willing to do whatever it takes!

Re: newly engaged and wanting to LOSE weight!

• First off congrats!!! Secondly, try signing up for my fitness pal or spark people (both free). They are apps for your phone (or website) that you can use to track your calories from food and exercise. They will set you up with a goal of how many calories to eat per day to help you get to your goal. And third, exercise! Join a gym or get some DVDs or just research some work outs online you can do at home. Most of all make sure it's something you don't absolutely hate, I find if there is a particular exercise or work out I hate I just avoid doing it and then end up not working out at all.

So my fitness pal or spark people and get your fitness on!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The previous poster is right.  There are some great sites out there like MyFitnessPal and SparkPeople that can be a huge help in monitoring your food intake.  And they're free!

The best tips i can give you:

*Water helps flush your system, keep your body healthy, and can help keep skin looking fresh.  Drink lots!

*Don't make any foods completely forbidden.  People who tend to ban foods are often the ones who break down and pig out on their forbidden fruit.  If you eat a healthy and well-balanced diet, there is no reason you can't treat yourself to dinner out, pizza, ice cream and such once in a while.

*You want to keep your calorie intake over 1200.  If you're working out and burning 400 calories a day, then you should eat at least 1600 (generally)

*Clean eating is suspected to be beneficial to weight loss.  It's worked for me at least.  Avoid pre-packaged and foods that are preservative laden.  If you can buy a loaf of bread that doesn't go bad for 3 weeks, that's not natural.  Eat your fruits and veggies, get good lean protein, and try to watch your salt intake to avoid bloat.

*Exercise is great!  Even if it's just going for a walk with your FI, it can be beneficial in ramping up your weight loss.

*Don't get discouraged.  There is no magic formula for weight loss as we're all individuals and can be different.  if something is not working for you, switch it up.

Good Luck!  If you have any questions feel free to ask the ladies here, page me, or send me a private message.

Welcome to the board!
  • CONGRATS! I would say as far as food goes, to make sure you're not starving yourself, just filling up on good things like whole grains, fruits, veggies, and lean protein. I also like the 80/20 rule--eating good 80% of the time and eating what you really want 20% of the time so you don't end up binging. And as far as exercise, I say start off with walking or jogging...maybe some exercise DVDs...you can join a gym but you don't have to..you can get a great workout on your own if you don't have it in your budget to join a gym. Just get sweating and moving! :) Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am about to have a wedding bootcamp and I would love for you to be a part of it, working out, and eating clean is my game. Sign up for a free profile and I will be in touch. I can help!!!
    www.beachbodycoach.com/saarew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards