Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability: Wednesday

Happy Wednesday!

Yoga went well, I really pushed myself through almost all 90 minutes.  This morning I did cardio x and tonight is legs and back.

Eating also is going well, though it's been really hard to resist the treat I made for my coworkers last day (bottom layer: homemade chocolate chip cookie, middle layer: dark chocolate reeses cup, top layer: homemade dark chocolate brownie - all baked together.) FI asked me to leave a few at home, so it's been a struggle.  I may treat myself to a 1/4-1/2 of one at the end of the week.

How is everyone else doing today?  And, since I think I asked this on a Wednesday once before, let's have some fun and do it again - what's for lunch today?
Anniversary

Re: Workout Accountability: Wednesday

• I'm down to 119 from 122!  We'll see how that goes this weekend - it's my MOH's bachelorette party bahahaha...oh well, one day won't kill me!

I did 6.5 miles yesterday before work, and tonight is 1 hour of kickboxing.  I think we're doing burgers on the grill!  FI wants to go out for ice cream tonight so I might just have a burger and corn on the cobb or something.

Lunch is my usual.  Lean Cuisine Margherita Pizza.  I eat it literally EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. that I'm at work.  It's a little depressing but it's so darn good!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I started C25k this a.m. Weights tonight. Leftovers for lunch: ham, beans & peas. I have to run to the store for dog food on lunch because I couldn't make it in before they closed last night so I might have to eat them cold.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Good morning!

Yesterday was a rest day for me (minus the afternoon walk with co-workers). It felt really great to take a break. I made sure to keep my eating in check, so I stayed within my calorie limit.

Tonight is a gym night, hoping to get some weightlifting in as well.

For lunch, I have no clue what I'm going to have...probably a lean cuisine like PP. Most days my FI is home at lunch and he cooks me something (which I love love love), but today he's working the day shift so I will have to fend for myself.
  • edited June 2012
    I feel sooo blah today.  I don't know what it is, but my body is just worn the heck out.

Yesterday I managed to do 4 miles on the treadmill!  A HUGE milestone for me.  As of January, my back was so bad that I couldn't even jog 5 minutes.  Now it's improved enough that I actually jogged for 48 minutes!  It's slow - I can't go fast or I make things angry.  But I'm just so thrilled I reached that milestone again :)

This morning the PT showed me that he remembered I was going to be out of town for 2 weeks.  My legs might fall off before the day is over.  "I'm going to miss you too".  We usually do a full body workout, but today was heavily legs oriented - squats, lunges, more squats with trap bar...ouch.  At least no prowler.  On the plus side he gave me the name of a massage therapist who helped him with the same sort of injury that I have, so I'm probably going to try that and see if everything improves! 

I found a gym in NC so when I go for my externship I can at least keep up with working out while I'm there.  The gym opens at 5:30 am, so I'm hoping that I can get some workouts in before heading into the clinic!

Eating - not perfect, but good.  Keeping track of everything pretty closely.  We'll see how the checkin goes tomorrow!

ETA - lunch will be boring.  Maybe tuna or lunch meat on a wrap :P  hooray.
  • Morning guys!

Thanks for your support yesterday it really did help..windsor I LOVED the meme!!!! no need to be a sad panda I got the reference right away :)
    I'm totally over those girls and what they said. they say "b!tches be crazy" and I agree.

Last night I went to a spin class and really pushed myself I am starting to fall in love with spin! I think I may start doing 2 classes a week of it instead of just one. Food is on track as well. Looking forward to dinner tonight, I have chicken taco soup in my crock pot, I modified the recipe to be healthier and spicier so I hope it turns out.

Today is a rest day and the day we meet our officiate!

Lobsters that dessert sounds AMAZING!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • oops, I posted dinner, lunch is leftovers from last night, a bit of pork chop rice and broccoli with a big veggie pack and fresh berries for an afternoon snack.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been doing pretty good this week. I skipped monday's work out due to the dr manipulating my bones a little too much that morning. My back and hips just werent having it.

Yesturday I ran 5 beautiful miles after work. It was a little hotter than I like but there was no humidity and the winds were really nice.

Tonight I'm hoping the pool wont be too crowded. I'd like to swim about a mile then go home and put about 30-40 minutes on the bike. If its crowded though I'm going to put an hour on the spinner at the gym rather than 30-40 on my bike at home.It equals about the same calories in the end and works well for the triathlon training either way.

As for eating I'm doing good. I really hate this time of the month though it makes it hard to track weight loss since this week I retain water. I'm trying to lose a few pounds they are more for me than a wedding or anything else. I'm so small most people dont notice the weight one way or another but I do. I also really like to keep bellow a certain number and always adjust before it becomes a big problem.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Flutter- I hope you love the 5k program. That is how I started out running. I now do all sorts of events.

Winds - Congratulations on your 4 miles. I hate the treadmill I refer to it as the hamster wheel. I do like to use it for speed work though particularly what we call the ladder.

Souptin - I love spin classes! I'm glad you like them too. My gym does 2 back to back on saturdays. In the winter sometimes I do both, or I'll swim then spin, or spin then run.

Aloiski - Have you considered having your burger bunless or lettuce wrapped? I'm a celiac and I eat them bunless and lettuce wrapped all the time. You can save 300 calories this way and have room for the icecream. I personally really love soft serve we go 1-2 times a week to a local place in town.

Lobsters- Lunch today is Chipotle!
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • aloisk - you are kicking @ss girl! way to go!

Windsor - awesome job! i love that feeling!!

Yesterday I went to the eye doctor and hopefully (knock on wood) resolved my eye twitching problem! One of my eyes changed so I have a new prescription for one of my contacts. This morning I worked out and NO twitching. So I hope that's gone. I went with FI to the gym this morning and we got there late. I only had time to run 2 miles - I had to take a 1 minute walking break so sort of disappointed about that. Then we lifted, shoulders and abs.

Nice job everyone :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm going to join in on this, if that's OK with everyone, because I SOOO need to get my butt in gear. I had been working hard for the past couple of months, but then the event I was prepping for was the first full week of June and I took a break after that and didn't eat very well, either. :-) SHAME ON ME.

I need to run tonight and do some toning exercises. I have the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD and also ordered her 6 Week Six Pack DVD. I'm going to try and do her 30 Day Shred DVD every morning before work. Haven't gotten the other DVD in the mail yet, but we will see how that goes!

Lunch is SmartOnes Ziti for me.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-wednesday-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:dc35f3f2-b276-4243-9e88-9bebe5c54e64Post:40a62151-7558-4d73-837b-6b6553c54762">Re: Workout Accountability: Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Flutter- I hope you love the 5k program. That is how I started out running. I now do all sorts of events. Winds - Congratulations on your 4 miles. I hate the treadmill I refer to it as the hamster wheel. I do like to use it for speed work though particularly what we call the ladder. Souptin - I love spin classes! I'm glad you like them too. My gym does 2 back to back on saturdays. In the winter sometimes I do both, or I'll swim then spin, or spin then run. <strong>Aloiski - Have you considered having your burger bunless or lettuce wrapped? I'm a celiac and I eat them bunless and lettuce wrapped all the time. You can save 300 calories this way and have room for the icecream</strong>. I personally really love soft serve we go 1-2 times a week to a local place in town. Lobsters- Lunch today is Chipotle!
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]

I have gone bunless HOWEVER I love bread.  I foung 110calorie buns, so for me, if I have a bun instead of the cheese, it's a fair swap.  I'm pretty sure I can still have 1/2 c of ice cream or my new fave lemon blueberry tart!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • My sister and I started P90X last night. Tonight is day 2 and a 2 mile run.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So far, today has been a good day.  I purposely left my car on the wrong side of the street so I would have to get up in the morning and get moving.  I had oatmeal at starbucks then hit the gym.  35 minutes on the elliptical (my first day doing level 2) followed by 30 minutes of weights.  I'm going to increase the time I spend on strength and add a couple of additional machines.  

Lunch is toast with 1/2 avocado, 4 strawberries, and 1/4 cup (1 oz) goat cheese.  It's the best sandwich ever and I love it.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Hi girls!

For some reason, I'm still lacking motivation to move this week. I am going golfing today though, so that will be some exercise and will hopefully inspire me to do bigger and better things tomorrow.

Luckily, I have been keeping my eating on track so the scale is still moving downwards despite the lack of exercise. It's like a total habit now to not overeat. I just don't think about food all of the time like I used to! I still think about it, but it's not like EAT EAT EAT in the back of my mind. It's, I wonder what I'll have for dinner! Then I listen to my stomach, realize "nope, not hungry yet", and drink some water instead of raiding the pantry while looking at recipes online. Ahh, how far I have come. I'm really in love with me right now.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and feel the love for yourselves too!

PS- lunch is leftover Maple Mustard Chicken Thighs and a Quinoa Greek Salad from dinner last night. Yum!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Last night I rocked the elliptical and then we went out to order our invitations! I woke up really sore on my left side, though. I think it's my lower disk issues acting up... but I perservered and powered through 30DS this morning. I've been stretching a lot throughout the day and I'm hoping a nice walk with the dog this evening will help stretch things out.

For lunch: Quick-roasted cherry tomato spaghetti, link, and later this afternoon I'll snack on some cantaloupe with blueberries.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2012
    Lukey, that pasta might be my dinner.  I had seen that recipe before but never made it.  Yum!

ETA:  This is definitely my dinner tonight, but with mozzarella instead of goat cheese.  I already ate goat cheese today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Flutter-I also did the C25K...finished in May with a 5K race...and am training for a 10K now, I hope you enjoy the program!!

Souptin-I just tried Spin for the first time last week (at the begging of my co-worker!) I never thought I would like it and it was awesome!!

I did a double workout yesterday...ran 2.8 mi in the am (can't run at all in the afternoons...does anyone else have this problem??) And then did an hour yoga class in the evening. Yay!

This morning I swam a mile...took me 45 minutes...I feel like that is a looooong time...but oh well. I feel good.

Happy Hump Day!!
  • Did Cardio X today. I have not been eating well this week so it kicked my butt!
    Back to better eating today so lunch was eggs with spinach and mushrooms with canadian bacon on the side :)
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • It's 8:30 on Wednesday night and I am on-line for the first time in 3 days.   Have been in California at a conference.   Workouts have been going well and I think the food has as well.  Lots of veggies at the conference which has been good.  Looking forward to heading home tomorrow and getting back into a regular routine for the next 3 weeks before my next business trip.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards