Getting in Shape

UGH! HELP!

Well ladies... I was doing really well. I lost 30 pounds and felt completely on top of the world...... and then THE HOLIDAYS!! The holidays you love, but hate. So much delicious food how could I possibly resist!?!?!?! And now.... a month later... I've gained 10 pounds and can't find my motivation anywhere. Our wedding is in August and I've got about 15-20 more pounds to lose from the point I'm at now... What helps you get your motivation back? We are trying to save money so we have decided against the gym... Any at home tips? How can I get back in the groove?

Re: UGH! HELP!

• Hey! I know what you mean about resisting delicious food. But what I do to motivate myself is look at pictures through a cosmo magazine, or watch a dancing movie and see those beautiful women. It's supposed to make you feel bad about yourself! Then you'll see how you can put that feeling to good use as you combine your, "jeez i hate myself feeling" with how badly you want to look back at your wedding pictures and see that beautiful skinny woman you can be! Also, think about how sexy you felt, and how much you miss it. You'll start losing again in no time!
  • I got in to running a couple years ago. Great way to loose weight quickly. Also pretty inexpensive. Just get yourself a pair of decent running shoes and run in your neighborhood. Go on to google and look for running tips. It also helps to set a goal for yourself. Sign up for a 5k, 10k, or even a 1/2 or full marathon. I signed up for a 1/2 marathon next month and its definitely kept me motivated to keep training. Once you get in to it, it gets easier to just keep rollling with it. And, make sure to take glucosamine so you don't ruin your joints. Good luck!
  • First off, awesome job on the weight loss you've accomplished!!! There are a couple things that help me. One, I look at old pictures of myself when I was heavier than I am now. I'm always thinking, omg why did no one tell me I looked like that?! Getting up and working out before work is also a good motivator for me. I have so much more energy during the day and I don't dread going to the gym at night after work, when it's packed. And I keep thinking about my dress! My dress is very form fitting and I want to look my very best in it! Hope this helps. Keep up the good work!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I know what you mean.  Starting in May 2009 I decided I needed to get healthy and lose some weight.  Between May and September I loss 40 lbs, but then I just stopped. Did not seem to matter what I did I just could not seem to lose any more weight.  Some firends told me about some really great suppliments and a company called Advocare and their 24 day challenge.  On November 29th to December 22nd I did the challenge and lost 16 lbs and 15 1/2  inches. and I am still losing.  I also feel amazing.  If you are interested you can go to www.advocarebydesign.com  and check it out.  Then if you have any question you could email me at tenamsls@live.com  
  • Once my dress was ordered and paid for was all the motivation I needed. It has made me terrified that it may not fit so I am at the gym religiously. Just the idea of standing on the pedestal trying on my dress and it not zipping is enough for me. Good Luck
  • THANK YOU, LADIES!!! All you comments helped! I'm starting tomorrow to be more health concious and have more self control! We can all do it! Good luck to everyone and thank you again for yout tips and support!

xoxo
  • I forgot to mention I got Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD for less than $10 and it is a fantastic work out only lasts about 25 minutes and has 3 different levels to chose from. It's kicking my booty so I highly recommend it. Good luck!
  • edited February 2012
    I can understand a little bit with what your going through. In August I decided enough was enough and I needed to start getting off my butt. I was doing well and by November I'm proud to say I had lost almost 20 pounds. All through healthy eating and working out 3 to 4 times a week. The week of Thanksgiving my dad went in for a normal doc visit, and then drove himself to the hospital. He had a massive silent heartattack. Needless to say, my working out wasn't really a concern and I can admit as I spent hours in the hospital I was grateful for any food that anyone bought even if it was just pure junk. He came home after Thanksgiving.
        During all that though I found out my grandfather was a ticking time bomb, he had a full artery block in his neck. For the weeks leading up to Christmas I made doctor visits with both of them, and a few days before Christmas my grandfather had surgery to unblock it. After Christmas I weighted my self I had put back on ten pounds. I am hitting the gym hard though and I'm doing this bootcamp thing. I'm tracking everything I eat and I make sure I'm getting up more. I'm back on track and it would seem so is the family. Just take a deep breathe you can do this, you did it before and this time you'll do it even better.
  • Congrats on 30lb loss!  That's awesome!
    I know how you feel! I'm in the same boat.
    I had surgery 6 weeks ago and it's super hard to motivate myself to get back to the gym and the trainer.
    I've trained with a few personal trainers in the past two years and I learned a few things that work for me: myfitnesspal.com  and just moving around every hour, even if it's just getting up from your desk to refill your water glass or empty it :) also, stairs- helped like nothing else when it comes to a free workout. If you can do two stair workouts a week I'm pretty sure it'll get you started again.
  • Congratulations on losing the 30lbs that is awesome! I have lost 26lbs and inches and have more to go before my wedding. I am using ACE all natural weight loss and energy  I ordered mine at http://www.acedietpillsletsgetskinny.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards