Getting in Shape

I bit the bullet and bought...

... a bodybugg. They were on sale this month. $175 for just the arm band and $235 (I think) for the arm band plus the digital display.

Reading reviews, a lot of people say that they love being able to check and see exactly how many more calories they need to burn that day to get to their deficit. So if I work out in the morning and take a walk at lunch, it might tell me I need to 400 calories still at the gym, you know?

I'm wearing the display as a watch today. It's not as fashionable or as functional as my casio baby G sports watch (especially considering the display cost me $60 and is normally $100), but it shows time, calories burned, steps and minutes of aerobic activity. I definitely love the calorie feature. I used to use a pretty cool pedomoeter (showed steps, aerobic steps, miles, etc), but this allows you to reset it - so say I want to see how many steps I do during my afternoon run. I can reset the numbers! I really do wish it had a heart rate monitor, though.

I also am used to using sparkpeople and now I'll need to get used to tracking my calories through the bodybugg website. Maybe a slight learning curve, but I'm not anticipating it being very different.

We'll see how this goes! Hope I get my money's worth!
my read shelf:
Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
40/112

Photobucket

Re: I bit the bullet and bought...

• Where did you get it? I've heard about this but never looked into it too much. Something like that might really help keep me on track!
    Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited June 2010
    I have a 24 Hour Fitness membership (which markets the bodybugg) so I bought it at my gym. Because of that it also came with a 12 month online membership for free. You can buy them online (I think at myapex.com or bodybugg.com) and get 6 months of web access free. You can also get them used on ebay and the like, probably for much cheaper.

I'm pretty sure the GoWear Fit (which I think has a different name now) is almost the exact same thing - it's just not marketed by 24 Hour Fitness.

You have to be proactive about logging in your meals, but the calorie-burn monitoring feature is supposed to be quite accurate.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Cool.  I've been thinking about getting one myself.
  • best of luck!  it sounds like a great investment!  awesome planning.  :)
    Keep Moving Forward
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards