Getting in Shape

11.2 Pounds To Go...Advice?

Ok. So I posted last week about starting Weight Watchers to try to get the last bit of weight off. I lost 1.8 my first week, and I'm hoping to keep that up, but...anyone have advice for the last 10(ish) pounds? It's gonna be a biitch, isn't it?

Re: 11.2 Pounds To Go...Advice?

• Well... what's your diet like? I lost 10lbs in a month just by cutting starch and grains and processed sugar out of my diet (and I wasn't killing myself with exercise.. 30 minutes cardio 3 days a week maybe). I don't think that would work for everyone, but it helped me a lot. You could change up your exercise routine, work out an extra day a week... lots of water..... weight loss has been pretty tough for me lately.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • what are you eating.. make sure you're eating 6 small meals a day. and do 30 mins (to an hou if you can) of cardio 3-4 days a week. . .  i got a trainer, he told me what to eat and i did cardio on my own and i lost 27 lbs in 5 weeks... i can give you my meal plan if you want

• each person is different, you just have to find what works for you! 
    things i've heard/ tried
    -no carbs after noon
    -i try and eat a salad for atleast one of my meals (watch out for dressing- those cal. really add up!) switch out lettuce for spinach or do half spring mix/ half spinach or romaine
    -cut soda out completely
    -meatless mondays (i'm a vegetarian so i'm a little biased)
    -add some extra workouts if you can/have time (i.e. if you go to group fitness classes, maybe add an extra or do the elliptical/run for about 20 min before class) just make sure your extra is "easy"- like zumba, power yoga, or pilates
    Liz
  • It does't have to be a bitch! I tend to distrust anything that forbids a kind of food altogether or enforces strict rules on when I can eat. The diet plans I like the best use healthy ingredients and portion control so that I can make changes that I could ideally keep up long-term. Try checking out magazines like Self, Shape, or Real Simple for healthy meals that taste good. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_112-pounds-to-goadvice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:e84d31ca-f88d-4ae2-914c-f26b56fdfeb2Post:5ae943c7-47aa-49d5-a4b2-ac6d099fbfe2">Re: 11.2 Pounds To Go...Advice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]each person is different, you just have to find what works for you!  things i've heard/ tried -<strong>no carbs after noon</strong> -i try and eat a salad for atleast one of my meals (watch out for dressing- those cal. really add up!) switch out lettuce for spinach or do half spring mix/ half spinach or romaine -cut soda out completely -meatless mondays (i'm a vegetarian so i'm a little biased) -add some extra workouts if you can/have time (i.e. if you go to group fitness classes, maybe add an extra or do the elliptical/run for about 20 min before class) just make sure your extra is "easy"- like zumba, power yoga, or pilates
    Posted by LizG1947[/QUOTE]

<div>Okay, SERIOUSLY. </div><div>This is the second or third time I've seen you post this and it's ridiculous. </div><div>1. Get your vocabular correct. </div><div>Are you seriously not eating fruit, veggies after noon? Because those have carbs. </div><div>YOU. MEAN. GRAINS. </div><div>
    </div><div>2. There is NO proof that cutting grains after some arbitrary time will help. Cutting grains overall helps, making all your grains intake WHOLE grains helps, not eating too later in the evening overall  helps, but idk where you got this random "after noon" deal. Maybe we all have our weird quirks and that's one of yours that works well for YOU, but it's a weird thing to be telling others. </div><div>
    </div><div>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------</div><div>OP, the "last ten"  CAN be hard, depending. </div><div>To put it simply, our bodies have a "happy weight" they like to stay at. If ten pounds less than what you are now is its happy weight, then it shouldn't be too difficult. If where you are NOW is its happy weight, however, it will be dififcult.</div><div>
    </div><div>Food logging will certainly be your best friend, even with WW points and all. Those are programs that are made for a huge range of people, and we are all so different. It may be a HUGE success for you, or may not be. food logging will help you just be aware of what you're taking in (maybe too much salt, maybe not enough fiber,etc) </div><div>
    </div><div>If you want to really cut stuff, cut out the booze and soda. It's a big one that most of us won't give up, but if you're wanting to cut pounds right NOW, cutting out the booze for a bit will really help. I pretty much only drink black coffee, water, tea, and wine. Soda is a waste. Even diet. Diet is horrible. Don't do it...  </div><div>
    </div><div>Of course more information from you about your daily diet and exercise would help us...</div><div>
    </div><div>But congratulations on the weight loss thus far! That's fantastic that you lost that in a week! It's a healthy amount to lose in a week time frame, and a great way to start off your weightloss journey :) </div>
  • Op- it sounds like your off to a great start. You'll find your pace, some weeks will be great others will be hard. My trainer told me that with my cardio workouts I should also try lifting weights. Nothing crazy I'm only at 10 pound dumbells but it seems like it is working for me. Everyone has a different way of doing things. 
       LIzG1947- I happen to love zumba. The classes I go to are anything but easy. I end up drenched in sweat and a little sore the next day. I know not all zumba classes are the same way, but I wouldn't call them easy workouts either. Working out shouldn't be easy if it is try harder.

• I agree on cutting out the booze-I only cut out weekday booze (the after work glass or wine, or beer when we grill out) and only have 2 drinks max on a weekend night and  I lost 6 lbs in a few weeks just from that! Definitely change up your workout if you've been doing the same thing for awhile. I also use Sparkpeople.com (Well, I did for awhile, and I'm trying to get back into the habit) Good luck!
  • I am in LOVE with weight watchers! It has helped me lose 11 pounds and i have 6 more to go! Just do everything weight watchers says and you will be fine! I like reading their articles on the website and following their message boards! It helps me stay motivated! Remember that weight watchers is all about portioning and you wil get that 10 pounds easily! GOOD LUCK GIRL! :)))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards