Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability: Wednesday

Morning everyone!

I lifted last night, upped my overall reps this time, and did the elliptical and bike for cardio.  I'll go for a run today after work, probably 4 miles.  

How did everyone else do?  I'm in serious need of some coffee right now.  
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Accountability: Wednesday

• Morning!

Yeah, I haven't even started my first cup of coffee and I'm already thinking about my second.  Way to go on upping the reps!

I jogged for 30 minutes this AM, but my knee is starting to feel it, so I think tomorrow will be a day off.  Speaking of which, out of curiosity, how many rest days do you ladies normally take each week?
    Anniversary
  • Way to go girls, reading your progress inspries me! I did elliptical for 25 min yesterday and lifted after...
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I was supposed to do my 7 mile hill run last night but FI wasn't around to bike with me.  The roads are back (not usually traveled) roads so when I know it will be getting dark I like the extra company.  I was all bummed but when I got home I decided to run my 7 mile flat run with one semi-weeny hill.  This run is all along a main road :)  By the time I finished my run it was pretty cold out and I SUCK at running in the cold.  I feel like I never warm up and I hate feeling weighed down from an extra layer or two.  I wore crappy socks so my feet are bugging me a little bit today.  I'm hoping that on Thursday I can muster up the energy to do the hill run, or at least a portion of it!
  • lbarr, I'm with you girl. I cannot do any sort of work out in the cold. It makes my lungs hurt so bad when I'm breathing heavy.

This morning I went to the gym. Wednesday mornings I usually don't go but my schedule is crazy this week. I did 50 minutes of cardio a mix of the elliptical and the new speed/interval work out I've been trying on the treadmil. I did weights for about 20 minutes. I mainly concentrated on my arms as I didn't have a lot of time and I did a lot of lifting on Monday for other areas.

Lobsters - I usually take 1-2 rest days a week. I only take 1 if I can help it, but sometimes my schedule just doesn't permit me getting to the gym 6 days a week. I have weights at home too for those days so I try not to use my busy schedule as an excuse to not work out 6 days a week but sometimes it's 5.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Good morning!

Last night I did 6 Week 6 Pack which was really tough. Jillian does incorporate cardio moves into it (burpees, plank jacks, etc.) so I felt like I got a good overall workout.

Tonight I'm going to try D2 of W6 of C25K, but I'm feeling really stuffed up today, so I may take it easy.

Lobsters--I take between 1-2 rest days each week. I try to make it only 1, but sometimes it doesn't work out that well.

Have a great day & stay warm!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited March 2012
    I did a faster paced 2 miles last night.  I was coughing a little bit after, and my knee is still a little achey :(  I'll be taking it easy like I'm supposed to be doing!!!  It will be easy jogs & spin classes and maybe some lighter weights for the next week or so.

lobsters- when I was training for the race I only ran 4 days a week, lifted once a week, and cross trained once a week.  I would do my short run the same day as my weightlifting, so I had 2 rest days.  It looked like this:
    Mon-run
    Tues- lift & run
    Wed- spin
    Thurs- run (sometimes I did yoga in the morning since I ran after work)
    Fri- rest
    Sat- long run
    Sun- rest
  • Lobsters: Ditto almost everyone else, I take 1-2 rest days a week, depending on my schedule.

lbarr: Sorry you didn't enjoy your run, I'm hoping the rain holds off for mine later.  Summer + rain = awesome run,  but cold windy days+ rain= Struggle City
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yesterday I still wasn't feeling super great so I ended up skipping the gym, BUT I still worked out for 45 minutes on my bike and did some free weights.

I didn't eat that much food yesterday, my stomach has been bothering me..so I don't feel too bad about missing out on the gym.

I feel better today, I just hope it lasts.
  • Ugh! I am having a rough week. I took Sunday off b/c it was my wedding shower then Monday off b/c I wasn't feeling great. I felt better yesterday so was planning on doing a 4 mile fartlek but ran 2 miles pretty fast and wanted to die so I just stopped and walked the 2 miles home! I am just feeling SO tired! I am hoping my energy is better this afternoon and I can do at least 3, hopfully 4 miles. I don't like feeling this sluggish!
  • Morning!  Today was really my first "real" day back after a week of 2 different work trips.  I kept up with things as best I could while away, but I am eager to get my diet & working out back on track 100%.  This morning we lifted legs & did 30-minutes of run/walking.  This week we increased the amount of running to walk 4 minutes, run 2 minutes.  We're increasing the run very gradually since I have shin splint issues.  

My parents come home this week after 3 months of being away, and my mom is so excited to see what I look like since all I have talked about is working out hard & eating better.  I hope I don't disappoint!  
  • Lobster- If I take a rest day, it's just one... I may overdo it a bit.. I already took a rest day this week, though. Monday Step killed my inner thighs so there was no way I was going to do Combat yesterday... *le sigh* guess I will have to add in an extra cardio some time this week because of missing that.. oh well. 

• Well I was called into my "other job" (the nursing home) today so that threw off my morning schedual  - but when I got back to the farm we cleared a bunch of brush and a few of my cows got out so I got a 15 min. run in chasing them around .lol so I kind of worked out.
  • Hi, all!  I seriously need to join you girls, I have a hard time motivating myself!  

I just started my 'eat less - move more' plan lol and so far I'm doing pretty well.  I walked 45 minutes today & 45 minutes yesterday (it's my all time favorite form of exercise!!!).  Hoping to lose between 15-20 lbs. before the big day, eee!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards