Getting in Shape

The Dress

Hi everyone!
I'm getting married Nov. 25th this year....and I haven't tried on a single dress yet! Am I the only one?! I have nearly all vendors booked and am well ahead of the schedule on all the planning but I keep seeing people talking about how they already have their dress and I haven't even started shopping for mine yet and don't plan on it until May.
My reasoning behind this is the year before we got engaged we moved to a new city, I started a new job, and ended up gaining 25lbs, then we got engaged in Dec. and I was determined to lose most of the weight before I try on dresses. Well, weight loss has been MUCH slower than anticipated and I just want to feel confident and not bad about myself when I try on dresses and that's why I figured I'd be closer to those goals by May. This will still leave over 6 months before our wedding, and because of my height, and when I meet my goal weight I'm pretty much exactly a size 8 so alterations will be minimal or non existent, hopefully.

Anyone else in a similar circumstance?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: The Dress

• Don't leave too much time.  My dress took 7 months to arrive.  I ordered at the end of February and didn't get it until the first week of October.  You may find that some bridal names will not be able to guarantee you on time delivery if you're under their pre-set time limits.
  • Plus you will have multiple fittings. So even if you do order the dress at the size you are now, you can get it altered closely before the wedding to get it to fit at the weight that you become. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just ordered my dress two weeks ago, and was told it won't arrive until August. Granted, I don't get married until December, but you generally want a month's worth of time for fittings, so don't put it off for too much longer and remember, a dress can usually be safely taken in a size or two!
    Married 12/08/2012
    imageimage
    Fur parents of Vega '11 & Emme '08
    TTC since 06/2011
    DH dx with celiac disease '03
    02/2013 GI/Urologist beginning testing.
    Vote on our name list!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards