Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

What do you think?

Okay ladies here are my vows and FI's. I know they are not in a traditional format but I think they match up well together. Let me know what you think and please tell the truth! I'd rather know I sound like an idiot now rather than after I get up in front of everyone.  Disclaimer: FI and I are both 26 years old. I say that because I don't want people to read the line about being 18 and flip. Mine: I remember first being free and in love. At eighteen I stood before the ocean and looked out at the world before me. The sunsets of that summer held all the shades of possibility and I danced along the edge of reds, orange and grays. You stood back and admired me, as much in awe of my dancing as I was of the natural wonders around us. We saw the world only as children can a grand adventure we were starting out on together. Love that is grand and worthy does not tie one down but allows for flight. Beside that ocean you saw all of me and in you I found all the wonders of the world. There is no force more freeing than being loved without exception. Today I will make a promise to always respect you and to stand as your equal. I will welcome laughter and children into our lives. Together we will continue to grow and learn and eventually we will grow up. Never will we be too busy to share in each other's joys, to lend support in times of sorrow or to just listen. I will treasure our time together and be worthy of the trust you place in me. You are more than I ever hoped for. Today I vow that you will know the freedom of being loved for all that you are. FI's: It was the first summer night in May, you wore a white dress and suddenly all things were possible. That night you didn't know this day would come but I did. You are more than I ever could have dreamed of. I have watched you dance at the edge of the world, fall from the sky and look at me like I hold all of life's happiness. You see in me the person I hope to become. You give me the courage to love completely because you accept me as I am. I have loved you all my life. Today I ask you to take my hand as my wife, to become my equal, my life, my everthing, my love. I vow to love you with the passion of youth, the freedom of truth and the wisdom of the years before us. You hold all my hopes and dreams for the future, I promise to grow with you, to lend support in times of need and to share in your happiness. We will grow old together but I will never forget the wonder of being young and in love with you.

Re: What do you think?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards