Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Writing Your Own Vows

If you are writing your own vows, are you showing them to your groom/bride before the wedding or will they be a surprise? 

Re: Writing Your Own Vows

• My fiance and I are writing our own vows. I sooo want to show her, but she doesn't want us to read them until we are actually up there. I agree it will be more romantic and special that way, but we laid some guidelines. Like as far as length, so one is not necessarily longer than the other. And also my fiance is not allowed to do any silly voices or impersonations that she loves to do so much.
  • i wrote mine on my own and outlined how he should do his sending helpful emails and things but i dont want to hear them until the wedding day. i am going to have him share them with my mom though to make sure they are appropriate
  • thanks for the input.  I think I will want to share them with each other before our wedding.  Mostly so I am less likely to cry :)
  • My fianc and I will be writing our own vows. I would like to wait and be surprised but I don't think that he will want to do that since he doesn't like surprises and I think that with all the excitement that it will be hard to keep them to ourselves.
  • amypowellamypowell member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    My fiancé and I will be writing our own vows but we're still stuck on what to write. We don't want it to be too emotional as crying is trying to be kept to a minimum.... help?!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards