Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Opinions wanted- first draft

I'm working on my vows and I'm feeling like they don't sound right, so I decided to come here and get your opinions.  Please feel free to be honest, I've got quite awhile left to tweak these. 

Drew, you are my best friend, my confidante, and my soul mate. From the first day I met you, I knew you were different.  I fell in love with your smile and your laugh.  Although we’ve had our ups and downs, through it all I promised to love you more, day after day, and to trust in you to help me make the decisions that would ultimately decide our lives. And even now, as we stand at this altar in front of God, our families, and our friends, ready to face our future together, I promise to be there for you always. 

I promise that my hands will be the hands that you can rely on to help build your life.   I promise to cherish you, to comfort you when you cry and give you strength when you need it most. I promise that I will be there to wipe tears of joy and of sorrow from your eyes and that, God willing, these hands will tenderly hold our children. I promise that where you go, I’ll go with you and where you stay is where I’ll be.  I promise that yours will always be the name I call out in the night, and the first to leave my lips in the morning.  I promise to catch you when you fall, and to share in your joy when you laugh.

And as we grow old together, I promise to help you remember what it was like to be young and in love. I promise to share with you my love, my dreams, my lifetime. I promise to give you all you’ve ever wanted, all you’ve dreamed of, all the things you never thought possible. I want to share with you each day, each night, and each morning.  All I ask in return is that you love me for who I was before you, who I am with you, and who I will become alongside you.  Love me, that’s all I ask of you.  

BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket image Photobucket

Re: Opinions wanted- first draft

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely beautiful!  I wouldn't change a thing.
  • Options
    amymarie128amymarie128 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds beautiful!  The only part I would change is "your" to "our" life....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your vows are amazing!!!
  • Options
    mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amazing vows, great job!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "All I ask in return is that you love me for who I was before you, who I am with you, and who I will become alongside you.  Love me, that’s all I ask of you."

i really like this part i almost started to tear up you did a really great job!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful vows..the only part that struck me odd was "I promise that yours will always be the name I call out in the night."  I guess I'm not sure how to take it and I can have a bit of a dirty mind and I don't know if you want to have your guests picture you in that way.  That's just my thought but everything else was beautiful and seemed very personal which I think is great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Ashley, that part struck me as a little dirty as well, but the rest sounds great! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mjester1mjester1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    love them so beautiful!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "Yours will  always be the name I call out in the night"

OH MY! Half of me loves it -so courageous, but the other half wonders what Gramps might think ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards