Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

So, I think I finished my vows. Input?

I've scoured forums (to include indiebride) and have written and re-written these vows. I'd like some input. Does it flow alright? Does it sound ok? Is it missing something? Be harsh, I can take it :)

First, I want to admit I’m not yet done with my vows. After thinking about them and working on them for a while, I’ve realized I’m never going to be finished with them. I will spend the rest of our lives looking for words and actions to show you how I feel about you.

You and I got off to an amusing start but found ourselves with a friendship unlike most. We have already been through so much together. From seeing each other through our darkest times to celebrating some of our more joyous occasions. You have been my best friend and mentor, my rock. And while I may have had a couple selfish intentions Innocent, I realized the extent of my love for you when your happiness truly was my ultimate goal. I honestly never thought, at any point, that it would be me standing here today, with you. I cannot express to you how lucky I feel to have met you, and how much luckier I feel to be marrying you today.
 Eric, you are my home, my family, my heart. I stand before you, our families and friends, and gladly take you to be my husband. I can no longer imagine my life without you and luckily, I don't have to.

I promise to always be a friend to you, first and foremost, and to conspire with you in mischief. I will always laugh with you, at you and even at myself, but always with you.
I will never take our marriage for granted and will always strive to be the wife you deserve, remembering how lucky I am to have you.
Whatever our future has in store for us, I will stand by your side, facing the trials and tribulations with you. Leaning on you when I need strength and holding you when I am strong.
I promise to be faithful to you, to be true to you in all things, to be honest with you and to have faith in you and your love for me.

I give you this ring as a symbol of my promises to you and my love for you. Not only as my best friend, but as the man I am honored to marry today.

Soooo, whatcha think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: So, I think I finished my vows. Input?

• Options
    LTJamarLTJamar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love your vows! They are truely heart felt and I would so cry if I were there.
    The only line I feel iffy about is:

I honestly never thought, at any point, that it would be me standing here today, with you

It's like you never thought y'all would ever marry and that makes me kinda sad.

I hope this helps. Oh and CONGRATULATIONS!! Just 2 more months! Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They are great!  I agree about that one line though.  I read it and it seemed like it wasn't ever a thought for you.  But I read on and see that you are happy and lucky to have found him.  So if it fits for you, go with it!  

Congrats!!!!
    :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful and seems straight from the heart- that's awesome.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I suppose if you don't know our back story that line doesn't make sense.
    Eric & I were best friends for 8 years. I watched him go in and out of relationships, wishing it were me, but being there for him when it all fell apart. I've always loved Eric, it just took him a little bit to realize what was right under his nose :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh, my eyes are so watery right now! I really love your vows!! They are definitely from your heart!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your vows are beautiful and, very clearly, heartfelt.  Great job!
  • Options
    LTJamarLTJamar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I take back what I said! :) Congratulations and I'm glad he was able to snap out of it and see you for you! I wish y'all the very best on the big day and many years to come!
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love them!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    mkvandrielmkvandriel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful... teary eyed at work :)