Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

'Traditional' Vows or Write Your Own (poll)

It seems that a majority of the posts on here are about writing your own vows.  So ladies, how are you doing yours and why?
Anniversary

Re: 'Traditional' Vows or Write Your Own (poll)

• edited December 2011
    Our officiant gave us several sample ceremonies to look at.  We are taking parts of each and adding our own touches for the ceremony and the vows.
    Anniversary
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My FI wanted traditional, he is completely opposed to writing our own so we are doing traditional. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely want to do our own :o)
  • scpalmtree06scpalmtree06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing our own.  FI will probably write his all by himself.  I'm not as gifted a writer and am probably going to cheat a little bit by looking for sources.  But either way they're not going to be traditional.
  • edited December 2011
    We've also doing our own, and will not share what we've written until our wedding day. 
  • JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We wrote our own together; recited the same words to each other.
    It meant so much more than the tradition vows since we created it and molded it to fit each of us so it was unique.
    imageAnniversary
  • LauraMC09LauraMC09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We wrote our own vows, but followed a simliar pattern. We had three I love you because... phrases, and then had three Because I love you... phrases. I made for unique, but structured vows.
  • ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a non-traditional ceremony (handfasting) so we opted to write our own vows since we are writing the entire ceremony anyway.

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • prusgirlprusgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I  DID NOT want to write my own vows.  I felt like 'why rebuild the wheel.' My husband felt we should and wore me down.

In a 15 or 20 minute ceremony, we presented our own vows in under two minutes.  We wrote them individually.  He said a poem that was really cute.  And I used the opportunity to let him know in front of everyone,  I appreciated his love and support.

The rest was the minister.
  • avalianteavaliante member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing our own, but with a little help.  =)  We're working with Diana at www.yourperfectwords.com.  My hubby to be can relax since he'll have help, and I'll get to have a unique and personal ceremony. win-win!!  I highly recommend her!!
  • EmDeVine14EmDeVine14 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We've only talked about our vows once so far, and FI has asked that we do interactive vows... where I say a line then he responds and then I respond to him... Instead of all me and then all him. We're also opening with the traditional "I Do" vows more as a confimation of what we're about to enter into, then we'll do our response vows, a little ditty with our ring exchange. So we have a lot ot put together!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Visit The Knot!    Visit The Nest!   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards