Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Vow renewal...?s

Hi!
Is there a typical of years people renew their vows?
Hubby and I are going on vaca just the two of us next year and I was thinking it would be sweet to renew our vows. we will be married 3 years but together 8
I always wanted a beach wedding so I thought renewing our vows on the beach would be nice!
Has anyone done this?

Re: Vow renewal...?s

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_vows_vow-renewals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:24Discussion:9dad0094-4c37-4e15-a397-5ea22320ff3ePost:d1133801-189a-493e-b9aa-905fe547402f">Vow renewal...?s</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! Is there a typical of years people renew their vows? Hubby and I are going on vaca just the two of us next year and I was thinking it would be sweet to renew our vows. we will be married 3 years but together 8 I always wanted a beach wedding so I thought renewing our vows on the beach would be nice! Has anyone done this?
    Posted by cdream05[/QUOTE]

People do renew vows, but usually on a milestone or after some sort of significant setback or something in their lives.  For example, on your 10th, 25th or 50th anniversary.  Or, maybe you overcame a great obstacle, like recovering from cancer or something.

A vow renewal after 3 years would seem odd.
  • Options
    Ok thank you
  • Options
    Renewal whenever you want! There aren't any rules. We are renewing on our 13 year mark and having a full blown wedding! Nothing significant happened just picked an anniversary that worked for us financially and went for it! If you wanted a beach wedding then go or it!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_vows_vow-renewals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:24Discussion:9dad0094-4c37-4e15-a397-5ea22320ff3ePost:abf4b461-f82b-4fca-928f-9d85731d4092">Re:Vow renewal...?s</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok thank you
    Posted by cdream05[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards