Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

What do you think?

Like everyone else I am stressing about my vows. My fiance and I are not sharing them with eachother before the wedding. We have agreed that they are to be about 10 sentences long and a little funny and serious, just so that they aren't vastly different. I am thinking that his are going to be better than mine and I realize that as long as it comes from the heart I will be fine but I thought I would get some outsider's opinions. Thanks in advance!

As we stand here before our family and friends I can’t believe I get to marry the man of my dreams. You are my best friend, my prince charming and my soul mate. I love you more than you will ever know. I love your smile and how it lights up a room. I love the way you laugh like a girl when I tickle you and that as hard as you try, you can’t tickle me. I love how you love me more than anyone ever has or ever will. You know when I need to laugh or when to let me cry. You love me for who I am even with all my weird habits and hand like feet. The way you look at me when you think I don’t notice, it’s like you are seeing me for the very first time. You make me the happiest I have ever been and I cannot wait to be your wife. I love you the mostest. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What do you think?

• edited December 2011
    Reading your vows remind me of the relationship between me and my fiance. While reading them I was getting teary-eyed and couldn't stop smiling! Very nicely done!!
  • Aquarian342Aquarian342 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with ludorock! :)  Also, a lot of things remind me of stuff with my fiance and it definitely made me smile.  I hope when you tell everybody he laughs like a girl when you tickle him, that he doesn't get too embarrassed haha, that's the only thing I'd think about, but only you know him and how he'd react to that.  I'm sure everyone will laugh and get teary as well by the end :)
  • edited December 2011
    love the personal touches, it's also poetic. i like them :)
  • edited December 2011
    I really like the personal touches, but you aren't vowing to do anything.
    A vow should be a pledge or promise, no?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • mrshellem2012mrshellem2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love how you feel like he is seeing you for the first time, that was my favorite part.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image Future Mrs.Hellem
  • natasha0313natasha0313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your responses so far!!  After reading abatkins response and talking to my fiance to make sure we were at least on the same page I have tweaked my vows to add some promises. His response when I asked him about his was that he does not spend his whole time promising but that you can promise a lot with just one sentence....soooo tell me what you think of the revised version...thanks so much!!!

As we stand here before our family and friends I can’t believe I get to marry the man of my dreams. You are my best friend, my prince charming and my soul mate. I love you more than you will ever know but I promise I will always try to show you. I love your smile and how it lights up a room. I love the way you laugh like a girl when I tickle you and that as hard as you try, you can’t tickle me. I love how you love me more than anyone ever has or ever will. You love me for who I am even with all my weird habits and hand like feet. The way you look at me when you think I don’t notice, it’s like you are seeing me for the very first time. I promise to spend the rest of my life showing you how much I love you and how much you mean to me just as you show me everyday. You make me the happiest I have ever been and I cannot wait to be your wife. I love you the mostest. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • TinaTamsTinaTams member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BEAUTIFUL!!!! I don't think you need to change a thing!!

Kiss

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards