Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

My Vows. Please critique and help to shorten of possible!

Last year, I moved across the country looking for something new, exciting and different, and it was you, Tanner, who changed my life. Not in the sense that you’ve changed its course but rather, you’ve given me the motivation and support to truly believe in myself, in my dreams, and in others. Now, more than ever, I have direction and I’m committed to the life we’ve envisioned and are creating together. Not only do you inspire me every day but you also complement me well in every way.

I love your curiosity and sense of adventure. Your open mind and willingness to try new things. Your passion and deep respect for nature. I love that you look at the same world I do and see things I do not. The world is a different and more wondrous place now that I see it with you.

I love your independence and your friendship. You never cease to make me laugh and every day I am with you is an adventure and a story worth telling.

I love you for giving me room to be who I am and for learning to live with my chaos. Thank you for hearing my thoughts, sharing my dreams, and always believing in me.

I promise to love you for everything that you are and everything you inspire me to be. I will continue to celebrate your ideas, to support and inspire you, and to fight for your dreams as though they were my own.

I will provide comfort while always keeping you on your toes. I will love you when it’s easy and when it’s hard, when you’re difficult and when I’m difficult.  I will create with you a home that is bursting with laughter and silliness, good food, good music, and good books, memories of our latest travel adventures, and all the cuddles you could ever ask for.

I look forward to embarking on a journey full of learning and laughter, growth and discovery with you.

Re: My Vows. Please critique and help to shorten of possible!

• edited December 2011
    I really like them and it sounds like your fiance is an amazing man. May I make one critique.  Vows are supposed to be your promises to him, not so much statements of how amazing he is.  Might I suggest writing a statement of how you view him followed by a vow.
    Example: "Through your continuous love, you have given me confidence and helped me grow into the woman I have become. I vow to return that encouragement, share in your dreams, and support you as you strive to achieve your goals placing our relationship above all else."

See how it states how amazing I think he is, but I use it to make a vow to him.

This is just a suggestion however. Most importantly as long as your vows come from the heart they will mean so much to your fiance!
    May 15,2011~I will marry my Prince Charming! ~jleahd33~ wedding website
  • edited December 2011
    BTW your last line is perfect! I kinda wanna steal it!
    May 15,2011~I will marry my Prince Charming! ~jleahd33~ wedding website
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards