Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Please tell me what you think?

Here is my first draft, please let me know how they are or if I should change anything.  And a heads up my fiance and I are both Chemists so there is some chemistry humor.

My beloved Daniel, today has been a day I have been waiting for since the first time I said I love you.  I am so glad that I was lucky enough to find a person as caring, funny, handsome, and loving as you to spend the rest of my life with.  It is funny because I am always asked, “How did you know he was the one?” and to me that’s an easy answer.  You are the one because you have always been there for me, no questions asked; you can always make me smile, even if I don’t want to; you know everything about me and still love me with all of your heart; I can spend every waking minute with you, and still be looking forward to the next time I get to be with you; and without you I am not a complete person, when we are together there is nothing we can’t accomplish.  Another reason you are the one is because you are my electrophile, you complete my valence to give me noble gas status, and you understand why you are the electrophile despite the fact that I am your sodium ion (not to mention you understand everything I just said). 

As we start this new chapter in our lives, I promise to be the best friend and partner that I can be.  I promise to help you succeed in your goals and dreams by being a voice of reason and a source of encouragement.  I promise to help you through any tough times you may encounter by helping you see the good in each situation and bringing a smile to your face.  I promise to be the organic and biochemistry viewpoint to your analytical and physical chemistry viewpoint.  I promise to love you with all of my heart for the rest of my life.  I also promise to show you how much I love, respect, and appreciate you as much as I can, for I know you deserve nothing less. 

As I look forward to what our life together is going to be like I can’t help but be filled with joy and excitement.  Everyday will be filled with laughter and love.  I know I can continue to talk to you about anything and everything and you will do the same, especially when we are about to go to sleep.  I also know that you will continue to make me a stronger person because your love and encouragement help me to see the good in situations and continue to pursue my goals and dreams.  And no matter how many difficult things may come our way I know together we can overcome them because I will have you by my side.

You are my best friend, my perfect partner, and the love of my life and I am so excited and can’t wait to live the rest of my life as your wife. 

Thank you in advanced for any and all help.

Re: Please tell me what you think?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards