September 2013 Weddings
Options

September 1, 2013 Wedding- when should I book my vendors?

My wedding is 9/1/13. It's Labor Day weekend...from what I hear, I should start booking vendors early since it's a holiday. I'm meeting with an Officiant on Friday and I already have my venue booked. Is there a good timeline to use? I'm thinking I need to send the save the dates out this September. Thoughts???

Re: September 1, 2013 Wedding- when should I book my vendors?

• Options
    Great, thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_september-1-2012-wedding-when-should-i-book-my-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:028d91a1-b3c1-40b3-9f87-1668e7aa71b2Post:88c8b8f1-58f7-4d6e-9c50-296addfe14f5">Re: September 1, 2013 Wedding- when should I book my vendors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't send your Save the Dates out until 6-9 months prior to the wedding.  Even though it's a holiday weekend, if you send them too early, people might not pay attention to them.   <strong>If you are interested in any vendors right now, contact them soon.  You'll find out their availability and if anyone else is talking to them about booking them for the same date.  You don't have to book them ASAP or anything, but it doesn't hurt to take advantage of 2012 pricing if they work like that.  (Mine do, thankfully.)  Most will have a policy that whoever they meet with first gets first dibs on the date, meaning that if you've met with them first, and then someone else meets with them/contacts for the same date, then you have a set amount of days to reserve them and send in your deposit before they offer it to the other person.  </strong>
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I second all of this! Even if you are not 100% ready to book things yet, atleast let vendors know you are interested in them. I made the mistake of falling in love with a photographer, and then at 18 months out I emailed them and they were already booked for our date. It is never too early to start talking to them and learning about them. 

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a little late to this but..

We're getting married on the same day! :D I'm also getting married in the Philly area. Are you getting married around there too?

I've already booked our venue, catering and ceremony. And my FI's father is a Rabbi so we have the officiant locked down. ;)

What I'm working on right now is looking for a band because I have a feeling that those will book up early seeing as it's labor day weekend.

I'm going to send my STDs out a little early (I was thinking mid January so they don't get lost in the shuffle of the holiday season) since people usually make plans for Labor Day.

The only other thing I want to book on the earlier side (but not yet) is blocking off hotel rooms for OOT guests. Since it's a holiday weekend I have a feeling that hotels will book up quicker and I don't want my guests to wind up stuck at a crappy motel near and airport. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards