September 2013 Weddings
Options

What time of day are you getting married at?

The pastor we wanted to marry us said that he would, only issue being he has another couple to marry on our date. He said they are planning on a 3pm wedding and he is willing to marry us before or after them and that the church will be available. If we do an 1 pm wedding our guests would have a few hours to kill and the church an venue are about 30 mins away from town and there's not much to do. So do you think A 5pm cermony will be alright? We will do pics before hand and go straight to the reception 5min drive away and have dinner.
**September 2013 January siggy challenge - bouquet inspiration** 86412886570268992_SthmzhVF_c_zps5fe628c0 Daisypath Wedding tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: What time of day are you getting married at?

• Options
    My ceremony is at 4 and cocktail hour starts at 6
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Ceremony @ 1pm Cocktail hour at 4pm (30 min drive to reception venue) Thinking about having the cocktail hour start at 3pm though since we have to be out by 10pm.
    February Siggy Challenge... Honeymoon Destination:
    Honeymoon Cabin in the Smokey Mountains
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're getting married at 3pm. Cocktail hour starts at 4pm (the reception site is just two streets over, so didn't see the point in having a longer break).
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    3 pm ceremony and 4 pm reception (3 minute drive from ceremony spot and doing first look, so no need for cocktail hour)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • Options
    We will have a 2pm ceremony with cocktail hour starting at 4pm. Our reception venue is about 10-15 mins.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    4:30 ceremony
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Our Venue is about a 20 min drive from the church. 
    We originially had our ceremony booked for 3pm, but we wanted more time for photos afterwards so we talked to the priest about pushing up the ceremony and he wouldn't push it up any more than 2 o'clock becuase he said its too long of a wait for your guests.

We went with 2:30 with cocktails starting at 5. Ours will be a full Catholic Ceremony so people wont be getting out of the church till 3:45-4 o'clock anyway, giving them an hour to kill, which isn't terrible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    my ceremony is at 6 and cocktail hour starts at 6:30.
  • Options
    Catholic mass at noon, cocktail hour to start at 2pm a half hour away.
  • Options
    3pm (with catholic mass and recieving line)... cocktails at 5pm (plus or minus 30 minutes)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are 3pm and then reception is 6pm with Catholic ceremonies being about 45min here.

Our hotel block is around the corner so we put on the website that our guests can check into rooms/grab a drink at the lounge there.

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our ceremony will be at either 5 or 5:30p.m. I actually can't remember! Haha!
  • Options
    Ceremony at 5pm.  There is a 25 minute drive to the reception and cocktail hour starts at 6.  We are mainly having a 5pm ceremony due to the fact that we have our reception venue from 6-1. 
    September 2013 Siggy ~Hair Inspiration~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Catholic mass at 2pm, Receiving line from 3-3:30, I'm still deciding on the best time for the cocktail hour and dinner.  Travel time to the hotel is 30 min.  So I was going to start it at 4. But most people probably won't get there until a bit afterward so I'm thinkng maybe 4:30 start time with dinner at 5:30.  I'll nail it down more as we get closer.
  • Options
    Not pinned down, but ceremony at 5 or 5:30.  Pictures during cocktail hour.  Dinner to start by 7.  We're having both the ceremony and reception at the country club so people don't have to travel.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ceremony is at 5:30 pm
  • Options
    Our ceremony and reception are at the same location - so we're planning on a 4pm ceremony, cocktail hour 4:30 then reception 5:30-9:30... at least I think. We're debating on what to do because the hotel we are planning on using for guests doesn't have check-in until 4pm and can't guarantee early check in for our rooms... FI isn't happy about that but I don't think it will be that big of an issue as I really don't think many people other than our immediate families/bridal party will stay? Anyone have any advice?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_what-time-of-day-are-you-getting-married-at?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:04392990-98e4-4ff7-959e-08e65c9cb3e1Post:0d63f2d1-f845-4fc8-9efd-95c700e70989">What time of day are you getting married at?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The pastor we wanted to marry us said that he would, only issue being he has another couple to marry on our date. He said they are planning on a 3pm wedding and he is willing to marry us before or after them and that the church will be available. If we do an 1 pm wedding our guests would have a few hours to kill and the church an venue are about 30 mins away from town and there's not much to do. So do you think A 5pm cermony will be alright? We will do pics before hand and go straight to the reception 5min drive away and have dinner.
    Posted by melissadt90[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We are considering mid morning early afternoon. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards