September 2013 Weddings

MIL-Vent/oppinions please.

So FI and I have a wedding date set for Sept. 28  well recently found out i'm pregnant and his mother is pushing the issue of "JOP'n it" before the baby gets here and then still having the ceremony that we've been planning on....  I really dont want to go and run to the JOP just because i'm pregnant a little sooner than we planned and I think it might be a bit tacky to have  a wedding later when were already married.  she made a comment when leaving our house yesterday about "well yall better get it done before that baby comes or else"  and I told her "no...  i'm not going to run to the court house just because..... "  Its really gotten under my skin how she thinks she is going to tell me what to do with my life.  i'm 30 years old!  How would ya'll feel about a wedding where the bride and groom actually got married three months before?  
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: MIL-Vent/oppinions please.

• First off congrats on finding out your prego. Secondly dont let anyone bully you in to doing something you dont want to do. I have done that with a few things in the wedding and I regret it. Remember this is not her or her marriage or child. Simply change the subject when she brings it up. If she keepsing pushing the subject have your FH sit down with you and her and tell her this is how it is and we would appreciate if you would just respect that. Good Luck :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i'll have to get him to see my point as well because he also made a comment about wanting our names the same when baby comes(i assured him and his mom the baby will have his last name)....  this is going to be a hard one.  I know when it comes down to it that no one can force me to the court house I just dont want this battle for the next 6 months... 
  • I know the feeling. Maybe use the point that your baby can be part of the actual wedding when all three of you take the same name? It might help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ooohhh  not a bad idea.  i like that angle!
  • Keep us updated I hope that is the trick you may even tell your FMIL that who knows she may go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I will.   I promised my FH that we as a couple would talk about it tonight and i'd hear out his views on it.   but i refuse to be strong armed.

• Congratulations!  Good luck with your FMIL.  If you went to the JOP then had the ceremony later because of the baby, I think as a guest I'd understand, but only if it was what YOU wanted to do.  Ultimately, it is up to you and your FI.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_mil-ventoppinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:16da639d-4e63-42ca-84c9-2cdb1e86efe8Post:51a21d5c-0a2e-4215-82fd-0c233e5a448f">MIL-Vent/oppinions please.</a>:
    [QUOTE] How would ya'll feel about a wedding where the bride and groom actually got married three months before?  
    Posted by BartonBaby[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Well congrats on the baby!! My best friends just had their wedding and they got married before in May.  They thought it was the right thing to do since they were living together (religious reasons).  I thought the wedding was just  as beautiful and it was like they weren't married because they stuck with all the tradtitional wedding traditions. But that is up to you!  I would be mad if my MIL was pushing me to get married in that situation!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards