September 2013 Weddings

Just Engaged :D

Hello :)
I just got engaged about 3 weeks ago. I'm so happy and so excited to start planning my wedding. <3 But everyone recentlyhas been telling me how stresful it is to plan a wedding and now I'm starting to get anxious and INCREDIBLY nervous...what do you all think? Cause now I'm scared.
-Krystal <3

Re: Just Engaged :D

• Congrats!! I got engaged 9/25 and I feel exactly the same way you do. My recommendation is to take your time and really think about things before jumping to them. For example my mother decided that she was going to help me pay for centerpieces (which I had no clue what i wanted) so we went to michaels and she bought 20 centerpieces that I am regretting and want to return hahha.
  • No need to be nervous.  You have plenty of time to do your research, plan and look for deals.  But I have heard recommendations from other women, do not set anything in stone until about a year prior to the wedding date since you might change your mind multiple times, best example is a dress!

Either way congratulations and good luck!
  • Congrats! Im newly engaged as well, 11/11/10.  Don't worry about freaking out.  I feel as long as you know what you want and what you're aiming for then you will be fine.  It doesn't hurt to look at options now, but don't have anything set in stone because your ideas may change.  Keep a box or binder filled with your ideas and this way when it comes down to setting things in stone you have everything in front of you, all you have to do is decide which is the better choice for the both of you.  Just take it one day at a time.
  • Congratulations on your engagement! I keep telling myself to take it slow and have fun.!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards