September 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding Gown Shopping?

So I am planning on going shopping fairly soon to pick out my wedding gown!  I was just wondering who you all brought along with you to pick out your gown?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Gown Shopping?

• Options
    I brought my best friend the first time around and went back with my FMIL, FSIL and my godmother since my mom passed a few years ago

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went with my MOH, sister/ bridesmaid and my mother.  I extended an invite to my MIL but she declined as she had just had surgery and it was hard to move around still.  For me this was the perfect number of opinions. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    September 2013 Siggy ~Hair Inspiration~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First time around I brought my mom. Second time my MOH. Third time another bridesmaid... Then I went back to the first place, by myself, and purchased the dress I found with my mom. Sharing that experience with her was priceless.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing ladies! I think I am going to bring my mom, sister, my cousin/bridesmaid and invite my FMIL and FSIL as well as my grandmother.  I just wasn't sure if that was too many people!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I took my maid of honor and my mom
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I made the mistake of bringing too many people the first two times.  Too many opinions and I left both appts feeling crappy.  When I finally found my dress I only had my mom and one of my sisters.  Make sure you bring those most important to your dress decision and if you are allowed to take pictures do not let them show everyone after!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went with my mom right after getting engaged, just to see what it felt like to put on a wedding dress.  My first real shopping day is in 2 weeks and I texted my girls (MOH and 2 BMs - mom was already a definite as she would have it no other way lol) to see if they would be interested in coming along, and they all responded immediately with yes.

We're hitting 3 stores on a tight schedule though, so if I don't find one I'm not sure they'll all be so gung-ho to come out again! :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yeah, that is what I am worried about!  Maybe I should rethink who I will ask to come along because I am afraid too many opinions will confuse me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-gown-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:20ab04bb-b461-461c-b028-ae3f865ec9c1Post:d8ebcd0d-9655-4b6b-a9c0-ca39e0bbed3f">Re: Wedding Gown Shopping?</a>:
    [QUOTE][...] if you are allowed to take pictures do not let them show everyone after!! 
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div>
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went with my sister for the first time just to try things on to get an idea about the shape.  I fell in love with the first dress!  I came back a week later with my mom and aunt/godmother.  I didn't even try on any other dresses because they loved the one I'd picked out.  It was nice to go the first time with just one other person.  It was easier because when I didn't like a dress, I took it off right away and when I felt "meh" about a dress my sister was there to talk about it and figure out what it was I didn't like so I could avoid dresses like that in the future.
  • Options
    The first time time I went I went with my yongest sister, BFF, and my mom. Second time when I found my dress was just my BFF and my mom. When I went back to say yes to it my mom, dad, gramma, and my youngest sister all came with me.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The first time I went it was just me and my MOH.  We were just in David's Bridal to play though and I wasn't really taking it too seriously. 

The second time I was serious and I brought my MOH, my stepmom and my FMIL.  (My mom is also deceased.) 

Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I took my FSIL and FMIL.  My Mom and I are not really on the same page about the whole wedding thing and I dont feel like dealing with her.  I plan to take my FSIL to most things I need help with. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I took my mom and sister (MOH) the first time I went and we went to a couple stores.  I knew I hadn't found "the one" yet so I decided to wait to go out again until they could visit again (they live in a different state than I do now).  I ended up running out to David's Bridal with a married friend because she wanted to go look at bridal gowns again (we'd been talking about my wedding over a pedi).  She ended up finding my dress.
  • Options
    I am taking my mom , dad and sister. My sister is my MOH and flying in from out of town to go with I have another friend potential bridesmaid but trying to keep it mellow and not crazy
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've only been once and I brought my best friend and MOH with me. The second time I hope to bring my mother but that all depends on if she is willing to go as she doesn't know I'm getting married yet because she doesnt particularly like my Fiancee. lol
  • Options
    I have been once and took my mom and my aunt surprised me by coming. The next time I go I will be taking my mom, aunt, both MOH, and my sisters. Don't take too many because there is going to be conflict.
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had planned to go alone - I'm very independent, my bridesmaids are all out of state and I just felt it would be easier.  But...my cousin is really into my wedding and recently asked if she could come, as did my aunt. Well, I can't invite one cousin without inviting the others and I can't invite one aunt without inviting the others (my mom is also out of state). So now I'm afraid a) I'll have too many opinions and b) their taste is a little...blech....so they probably aren't going to like what I like.   Hard. I love that they are so excited and want to come with, but just afraid this will end up being too many people/opinions.
    Daring to dream a bigger dream
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards