September 2013 Weddings

Get any cool stuff for Christmas/Holidays?!

I was pleasantly surprsied this year!  I told everybody that it was kind of a low key Christmas for us because we were saving money and I did smaller gifts and some cookies in cute cans but I still kinda made out like a bandit!

Disclaimer :  Yes, I know gifts aren't everything but it is fun to talk about still :)

I ended up getting Flowerbomb perfume which I *love* but couldn't jusify buying, some really good wine, a light up snoopy, my dad bought us a carpet spot cleaner which I was so excited with!  Dexter doesn't have any accidents and we don't have carpet except for our stairs and the two bedrooms, but I freaking love this thing! FI's parents got me some really cool makeup from Sephora I would have never bought myself and my grandma bought my wedding jewerly!  Also got the outer envelopes for the invites, a custom embosser with our address which I am obsessed and a massage!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Get any cool stuff for Christmas/Holidays?!

• We got enough in Disney gift cards for the deposit on the rest of our honeymoon, with a some left over to put towards the balance. We booked last night after we finally got home. I have *always* wanted to stay at the Polynesian and I can't believe it's actually going to happen! :)

FI and I decided not to get each other gifts (for xmas or birthdays) so that we can still take our annual trip to Niagara Falls next month. I guess it really ended up becoming our gift to each other. I cannot wait. But it was a little sad to not have anything to open Christmas morning.

Still between booking the Poly and watching the Doctor Who Chrismtas special, it was a pretty kickass Christmas.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got pretty spoiled this year, my parents got me my kitchen aid mixer, the comforter set we really wanted that we didnt want to spend the money on and a coach purse I have had my eyes on for months, and my FI's parents gave us money towards our new furniture :) Awesome Christmas as my daughter also got super spoiled and now trying to figure out where we are going to put it all :) Merry Christmas to all :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Well this wasn't a gift but my dad got engaged to his long time girlfriend on Christmas and I guess now I will have a stepmom and 2 sisters (I don't have a sister so that is pretty awesome!) and a nephew!!

I did receive a Pandora bracelet, some clothes for work (which I needed!) a gift card to get new ski boots!! Some ski clothes/ work out clothes, a Thomas kinkade nightlight for my guest bathroom when I get a house lol I love Thomas kinkade!  And a few other items!
  • We got mostly money this year. I got a humidifier, which I really wanted, and my mom made me one of those quilts made out of my old t-shirts from high school. Our best friends were VERY generous and, to say thank you for watching their house, got us an Apple TV, which we have not been able to turn off. The most heart-felt present was a photo frame with a picture of FI's sister and her FI from their engagement shoot. It had a note on it asking us to be in their wedding, and I got SUPER excited. That was probably my favorite gift this year. 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You ladies got some great stuff!

I got tons of gift cards this year from everyone.  Ahhhh the gift of shopping!!! 
    FSIL stocked me up on my favorite bath and body works scent, headphones (in purple so FI won't steal them), and crossword scratch cards.  FI bought me a rose gold watch that I have been eyeing forever!  I also got a new coach bag, gloves, scarves, hats, and some other fun stuff. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow sounds like everyone made out great! FI got me the new IPad Mini. I've been jokingly hinting about it for a week or so but was honestly just kidding because I didn't expect him to spend that much. So I was actually shocked to see it under the tree! He said he was planning to get me it long before I started hinting. My mom got me my wedding jewellery for Christmas/my birthday because it was super expensive I didn't expect much else. She got me some candles, a cookbook and a gift card. My FSIL got me the Too Faced Bon Bon set from sephora, my FIL'' got me a gift certificate for a mani pedi that I plan on saving to use right before the wedding. My FBIL got us $100 gift card to a nice restaurant which was nice!
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In February we are going with my parents to Orlando. They are using a timeshare so we will stay with them. They also paid for our flights and passes to the parks. Fianc got me a coach wristlet that actually holds my iPhone. He got me a bunch of girlie looking red sox and celtics shirts. He also got me a remote starter for my car. I think that was my most favorite present. From others I got a Vera Bradley lunch bag, north face sweatshirt, Victoria's Secret hat and mittens. So many other things I don't know where to put them as we'll as gift cards to nice restaurants.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • We also did not exchange gifts in efforts to pay for the wedding of our dreams. The kids; however, were spoiled. They still have some presents to open. I'm not sure how that saved us much money, but I'm ok with it. My present comes in September!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got way more than I expected this year.  I ended up with a new Keurig machine, a soda stream, all of the little necessities for the kitchen (spatulas, can openers, etc.)
    FI and I decided to set a limit of $30 for each other.  I got him a nice new wallet since his was falling apart and he got me this adorable basket with a bunch of new snowmobile socks! I know socks don't seem like a big deal, but I needed new ones and they are SOOO warm
    September 2013 Siggy ~Hair Inspiration~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got a new Keurig, some serving bowls and mixing bowls, a new purse, gift cards & cash, yay!  I also got these cute stemless wine glasses that have a rectangle of chalkboard paint on them so you can write on the glasses in chalk.  I think FI and I are going to put some of our Christmas cash together and get some outside storage for our house! We have no where to pack up our fake Christmas tree and I'm tired of fishing poles in my laundry room! lol
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI and his famliy chipped in and bought me brand new skis, which I'm super stoked about! We also got tons of house-related stuff from everyone, and my sister made a bunch of stuf for me...a quilt and some other things that she saw on Pinterest. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards