September 2013 Weddings
Options

Bridesmaids

When should I get the bridesmaids together to figure out dresses? I will have 3 in state and 3 out of state starting next week. The three in state are considered my more fuller figure women. As my MOH, in my opinion will be the hardest to shop for. (Big bust smaller waist) I just want to make sure I can find something figure flattering but at the same time stylish and in our theme (baroque enchantment) 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaids

• Options
    I went last week and picked out dresses and my wedding is 9.14 and they said we needed to order by the end of February for the dresses to get in 6 weeks before the wedding to have time for alterations.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
     You might have a little time. We picked and ordered ours from davids bridal in the middle of november, and all the dresses are in already. It's too early for the girls to get them altered, but I feel good knowing that we have them. We did not expect them to arrive within a month!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    staceymutrup - Really? Thats nuts!! I've never heard such a long time line for BM dresses before! Wow!

We went in November when my OOT BM was down for my birthday. We havent ordered yet but the salon told us to order 4-6 months before the wedding, so we'll be ordering in April likely.

I'd say you can start shopping whenever and once you decide on the dresses/shop you'll be buying them from they can help you decide when you should order them.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I went this past Saturday with my girls and the lady said we need to order by the end of January my wedding is on 9/1/2013
  • Options
    It depends on the store david's bridal is fast with their dresses since they are all pre-made other little shops take longer because each one is usually made for each bridesmaid
  • Options
    Okay, So I should go shopping soon? Between now and the end of January?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What about taking 1-2 girls to try on a few designers/styles and then having everyone else try one on at home to get the size and order them all online? I did this in a couple different weddings and they were ordered like 2-3 months before with no problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards