September 2013 Weddings

Gift for your Groom

Just wondering what you're planning to give  your Groom as a Wedding Gift?

What's your budget? Did you decide on a spending limit?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gift for your Groom

• I'm going to get him a really nice watch!  He really deserves it.  My budget is pretty high for this (1200-1500) but he dresses up everyday for work and is really into watches and has been drooling over this one for literally years. His grandfather collected watches and FI got his collection so watches are kinda a hobby of his.

I've already saved up for it - just don't want to buy it just yet!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Holy Cow! That is a hefty Budget! I'm sure the watch is amazing!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_gift-for-your-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:295b9a8a-d752-4267-b284-c3bc13de707dPost:8568b442-542c-4e47-852c-483eafa39014">Re: Gift for your Groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy Cow! That is a hefty Budget! I'm sure the watch is amazing!
    Posted by ftrmrsweatherdon[/QUOTE]

it is the one thing that I just know he will be tickled with.  And the fact that I didn't even think twice about it is what sold me.  He was going to buy it with his bonus last year but bought me my puppy instead :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well my FI and I bought an expensive set of pots and pans and decided that was our gift to each other since we both like to cook!  They were really expensive and that's why we didn't want to put them on our registry.  
  • mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2012
    A watch (although I'm not planning on spending as much as ellie -- prob closer to $200-500) and a set of sexy photos from my boudoir shoot ($400).
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI is facinated by pocket watches and I had planned on buying one of those and having it engraved.  :-)  He's such an old man stuck in a young man's body.  ;-) 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_gift-for-your-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:295b9a8a-d752-4267-b284-c3bc13de707dPost:6d1546e4-ff28-4ec1-8672-bd3177a5d08e">Re: Gift for your Groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI is facinated by pocket watches and I had planned on buying one of those and having it engraved.  :-)  He's such an old man stuck in a young man's body.  ;-) 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

FI too!  Ahem, watch collection lol.

• I'm working on a "Love Book" from LoveBookOnline.com.  I'm working on making each page about the two of us (and making the characters look like us), so that's part of what I'm giving him.  I made a custom Love-Opoly game a few years back and it's one of his favorite things (and we still play it) so I know he likes things like that.

I'm thinking about planning something special at Disneyland for our honeymoon.  They have all sorts of cool stuff to do so I might call them and see if there's a special tour or something he'd like that we could do.
  • FI has been hinting alot lately about wanting a new watch. Now I'm not sure if this has to do with Christmas being around the corner, but I already have his christmas gift. 

So I was thinking of getting him a watch for the wedding and getting something engraved on the back like "Till the end of time. XO Your Bride" Or something like that.

Problem is all I know is he wants a metal band and a large face. I want something classy and dressy looking. At least more so than the watch he has now, which is one I bought him for our first christmas together.

What he has now: (Similar)

I dont think it is in the budget to spend alot of money I'm thinking in the range of 200-300. But is that "cheap" for a wedding gift?

I saw this last night and really liked it. Thoughts? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    The watch idea is great!

I was thinking about getting FI a new acoustic electric guitar as a surprise but the other day he started talking about getting a new one right after Christmas.  I'm hoping to talk him out of it without giving up my plans!

ETA: spelling
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_gift-for-your-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:295b9a8a-d752-4267-b284-c3bc13de707dPost:794cc80a-af97-4ab7-a665-69495a7763d7">Re: Gift for your Groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm working on a "Love Book" from LoveBookOnline.com.  I'm working on making each page about the two of us (and making the characters look like us), so that's part of what I'm giving him.  I made a custom Love-Opoly game a few years back and it's one of his favorite things (and we still play it) so I know he likes things like that. I'm thinking about planning something special at Disneyland for our honeymoon.  They have all sorts of cool stuff to do so I might call them and see if there's a special tour or something he'd like that we could do.
    Posted by BostonGIrl4732[/QUOTE]

Where did you make the Love-Opoly game? Or was it DIY at home? I think that would be something my FI would think was really cool.
  • I'm going to do a nice watch too and engrave something special on it!  My budget is going to be pretty big since he went big on the ring!

Am also thinking of boudouir photos!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_gift-for-your-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:295b9a8a-d752-4267-b284-c3bc13de707dPost:8afba5ec-ea25-4c59-95f0-836e6cb1048a">Re: Gift for your Groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gift for your Groom : Where did you make the Love-Opoly game? Or was it DIY at home? I think that would be something my FI would think was really cool.
    Posted by siriko[/QUOTE]

<div>I ordered it online: <a href="http://www.lovopoly.com/best-anniversary-wedding-birthday-valentine-gift.php" rel="nofollow">http://www.lovopoly.com/best-anniversary-wedding-birthday-valentine-gift.php</a></div><div>
    </div><div>You can upload pictures and name all the different spaces.  I made them all different places we'd been to together and added a few inside jokes.  We added a rule that when we play it, we have to name something we loved about the place we landed on.  You can get creative with it.  They show you the template so I bet you could probably find a way to DIY at home.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_gift-for-your-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:295b9a8a-d752-4267-b284-c3bc13de707dPost:8943ccf8-0c24-477f-8b27-f88bde1a131f">Re: Gift for your Groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gift for your Groom : I ordered it online:  <a href="http://www.lovopoly.com/best-anniversary-wedding-birthday-valentine-gift.php" rel="nofollow">http://www.lovopoly.com/best-anniversary-wedding-birthday-valentine-gift.php</a> You can upload pictures and name all the different spaces.  I made them all different places we'd been to together and added a few inside jokes.  We added a rule that when we play it, we have to name something we loved about the place we landed on.  You can get creative with it.  They show you the template so I bet you could probably find a way to DIY at home.
    Posted by BostonGIrl4732[/QUOTE]

Thank you :) That is really cool! Maybe that's what he will get as a grooms gift.
  • Im along the same lines as most of you... I am getting him a nice, expensive watch because he deserves it. My budget will probably be $300-500. I am also getting him a cigar humidor. He recently got into cigars and smokes them only occasionally so it will be nice to have a humidor where he can store them for those occasions.

I would have liked to do the boudior photos, however he was strongly against it when I mentioned it. I guess he likes he lady private not in print :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards