September 2013 Weddings

Wedding Insurance??

Hey Ladies!!

Our venue is requiring us to have a $100,000 insurance policy for the day of the wedding and we called our insurance companies and it seems like it will be a bit pricey.  One person had recommended the website: www.wedsafe.com to purchase our insurance for a smaller fee.  Has anyone ever heard of this site?? I just don't want to be scammed!  Thanks in advance for your thoughts! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Insurance??

• I'm having my wedding in a historical building on The National Registry of Historic Places and while we have a 5 candle per table limit and can't hang things on the walls, they didn't make us take out an inurance policy! I've never heard of that!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are required to have 1 million event insurance since we will be serving alcohol. Ive found that it should be about 185 but I need to confirm with our insurance company
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-insurance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:362f9258-26cb-4371-9c8c-b914874929a0Post:e7c336d1-36d5-49da-b814-f5c3c15e2135">Wedding Insurance??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Ladies!! Our venue is requiring us to have a $100,000 insurance policy for the day of the wedding and we called our insurance companies and it seems like it will be a bit pricey.  One person had recommended the website: <a href="http://www.wedsafe.com" rel="nofollow">www.wedsafe.com</a>  to purchase our insurance for a smaller fee.  Has anyone ever heard of this site?? I just don't want to be scammed!  Thanks in advance for your thoughts! :)
    Posted by xovkatevox[/QUOTE]

if you try your home owners insurance they should have a policy that is available - ours needs to be $1 Mil dollar event insurance and it is only running about 250$ total

i would try known insurance places first - it's basically liability coverage in case someone gets hurt or does damage at the venue 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This must be a US thing. I've never heard of this before!
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-insurance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:362f9258-26cb-4371-9c8c-b914874929a0Post:648a9467-053a-4646-8825-1226b1278a22">Re: Wedding Insurance??</a>:
    [QUOTE]This must be a US thing. I've never heard of this before!
    Posted by ftrmrsw[/QUOTE]

Me either!
    **September 2013 January siggy challenge - bouquet inspiration** 86412886570268992_SthmzhVF_c_zps5fe628c0 Daisypath Wedding tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Nope, nothing like that from our venue.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hmm... Yeah I guess I will have to double check with our home owner's.  I never realized the number of hidden costs we would run into with this wedding!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The only restriction my venue gave us was no helium balloons and no fireworks.  LOL 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We did that with my regular insurance company and it was only a few hundered dollars.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We purchased insurance through wedsafe.  It was easy and they emailed us a copy of our policy right away.  Ours is a more general cancellation policy that we took out because my job situation was a bit uncertain and we just wanted to make sure that since we are spending so much that if there was some sort of Act of God based on illness, loss of job, weather, vendor issue, etc.  that we would not forfeit the large amount we put in during a point in the contract where you have to pay no matter what.  So a couple hundred dollars for the peace of mind has definitely been worth it. 

• Our venue requires insurance also. But the booking coordinator told me that most insurance companies, if you're already a customer sill add it for one night for free. Have not checked on this yet, but that's what we were told.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards