September 2013 Weddings
Options

Have you asked your bridal party yet?

We are 501 days out.  Yikes lol.  That seems so far!

Anyways...I just ordered some Will You Be My Bridesmaid? cookies for my girls.  FI is not asking his friends for another 5 months or so because he doesn't really need their help with stuff, but I want to start on someof the DIY stuff so wanted to have already offically ask my girls before I start asking for help :)

Have you?

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Have you asked your bridal party yet?

• Options
    I asked my bridal party probably around last May, but, then again, we were also initially supposed to get married 8/4/12 (long crappy vendor story).  Luckily, my MOH is my FSIL (who I adore to pieces) and the rest of my bridal party is family or friends who, because I live out in Colorado and they're on the east coast, I typically communicate with via email and the like anyway (so I'm not worried about relationships dying out or falling apart or whatever).

Really, if you know deep down that these are the girls (and/or guys) you want at your side, ask them.  I know lots of people caution that asking too far out is asking for trouble, but you're the best judge of your relationships with these people. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not yet. While I don't foresee there being a change in who I will ask between now and the wedding, I've read too many horror stories here on TK to ask this far out. At the soonest I'll ask them in September.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It really depends on the stability of the person you mean to ask and your friendship with them. If you have no doubts, I don't see the problem. If you've ever had any issues with a friend- even if it's a great friend- in terms of reliability, temper issues, etc., wait and see how things pan out over the next year. It's funny how wedding planning magnifies the best and worst characteristics of everyone involved! And whatever expectations you may have, I would be upfront about them from the get go. Logistically, in most cases you really don't absolutely have to ask any sooner than 6 months prior.
    The cookies are a cute idea, good luck!
  • Options
    mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I asked my girls already -- I couldn't wait. Both of my close friends (MoH and bridesmaid) were already so involved in the planning, I didn't want to wait. I made personalized bottles of champagne that were accompanies with notes that said, "There's still one more question to be popped..."

We also asked my neices to be junior bridesmaids/flower girls on Sunday. They were sooooo excited. I don't have any worries about asking this early -- most of the party are family members and the others are very, very close friends. I'm too excited not to share the joy. Everyone has been so excited to be asked!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_have-you-asked-your-bridal-party-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:3797b857-6008-4cf1-9d61-f3c9ab11bfe1Post:b1b36da9-a0fe-4521-be65-7e4b24752be5">Re: Have you asked your bridal party yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I asked my girls already -- I couldn't wait. Both of my close friends (MoH and bridesmaid) were already so involved in the planning, I didn't want to wait. I made personalized bottles of champagne that were accompanies with notes that said, "There's still one more question to be popped..." We also asked my neices to be junior bridesmaids/flower girls on Sunday. They were sooooo excited. I don't have any worries about asking this early -- most of the party are family members and the others are very, very close friends. I'm too excited not to share the joy. Everyone has been so excited to be asked!
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

That is SUCH a cute idea!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_have-you-asked-your-bridal-party-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:3797b857-6008-4cf1-9d61-f3c9ab11bfe1Post:07d884b3-af17-418c-8cf4-b3b9ad64fb88">Re: Have you asked your bridal party yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not yet. While I don't foresee there being a change in who I will ask between now and the wedding, I've read too many horror stories here on TK to ask this far out. At the soonest I'll ask them in September.
    Posted by deburnin[/QUOTE]

This.  My party will most likely consist of my younger sister and both FSILs (one of which has been my BFF for half our lives, and I probably wouldn't have met FI without her - he's her little brother lol), but there are <strong>way</strong> too many horror stories for me to risk it right now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hey everyone! This is my first post in the September 2013 board!

Personally, I haven't asked my girls yet but I feel like I should. I want a close friend of mine to be my MOH, and she knows it, espeically since I'm MOH in her wedding this July. I'm waiting for the right moment or the right way to ask her.
    Planning Bio (click), still in its early stages
  • Options
    I haven't.  Most of them know who they are.  I want to at least get them nice cards and I will ask them as I see them over the next few months.  2 are having their own weddings this year, my MOH already knows and my step-sister I will see at some point.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have asked my girls but FI hasn't asked the guys yet.  He's awkward about that stuff anyway.  My sister will be my MOH and 2 besties will be my BMs.  I have been in both their weddings recently and we have been BFFs since middle school so there was no question on who I was choosing!  If you're 100% sure then I see no reason not to ask now - the sooner you ask the sooner you can get their help with planning and projects.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lfelllfell member
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment
    I asked my girls about a month or two ago.. I have 3 bridesmaids that live out of state and are all 3 very busy women, so I had decided to ask in advance so they could plan everything out. 
  • Options
    Our date is 9-28-13.  I've asked 4 of my 5, and FI has asked all of his.  I know they say wait until it's close, but the people we've ased will always be a part of our lives, and I COULDN'T WAIT to ask them :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    M&MJKM&MJK member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I have.  We decided the party would be family members as we both come brom big families.  I want to get started with looking for dresses etc. for bridesmaids this summer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm only having a MOH/legal witness (best friend of eight-plus years), and our second witness (I don't know if he can be called a Best Man as he hasn't actually met Future Husband yet) will be MOH's husband. Both are aware.

We're not having a traditional ceremony although MOH is my "date" for any bridal events as Future Husband lives on the other end of the country.
    June 2013 Signature Challenge
    Favorite Sports Team
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I broke my own rule lol!  I had one too many rum drinks with one FSIL this weekend and ran my mouth about her being a BM, then had to call the other FSIL (whom I'm actually closer to, though the 3 of us are pretty much inseparable) and give her the MOH title before she heard about the first FSIL being a BM.

So 2/3 of my party has been picked and notified :).  They had been involved before without the titles so I was in no rush, but I'm happier to have them named.  FI has only told his younger brother that he is BM- not sure how he's going to go about the rest of it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My FI asked his already so I started asking some of mine.  My sister is going to be my MOH and I have several very close friends who I've asked.  I have one other friend to ask next month when I see her (we live three hours away from each other) and the last one is currently in Africia in the Peace Corp so I'm waiting until she gets back to ask her.
  • Options
    I have asked 2 of the 5 friends. I can tell the ones that THINK they will be are sitting on pins and needles for me to offically ask them. I just REALLY want to make sure, that I make the right choice. I went ahead and asked the first two already, because they are like my sisters, and have been the most stable in my life. I'll wait till maybe the end of Sept to ask the others. 
    Life Is Sweeter With Icing on Top... Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards