September 2013 Weddings

Wednesday

We got clobbered by a storm last night and everyone is digging out this AM. I drove FI's truck so I didn't have any problems, but my office is currently dead. 

Anyone else get hit by the storm? What do ya'll have going on today?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wednesday

• No storm here (weird).  It's just rain.

FI and I made the decision last night that I'm going to move full time in two weeks instead of splitting my time between our new apartment and my parents' house.  It's going to be an adjustment for me to be in an apartment alone for two months (he'll be there on the weekends, maybe more depending on his job situation) but it's a better alternative to me being miserable at home.

So now I'm spending the next few days packing up all my stuff and moving!  Yay!  Any moving tips for me?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:44524193-b4cd-40e4-bea7-ead169502301Post:36ecdcfd-6d8b-492f-94a8-853c16f70935">Re: Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any moving tips for me?
    Posted by BostonGIrl4732[/QUOTE]

What do you want to know?  I've moved 7 times in 13 years, I'm a professional by now haha!!

It rained here last night and is spitting a little right now, but nothing too bad.  I'm feeling blah today, probably because this is the perfect stay in bed day, but I'm sitting in my office.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good luck Boston, we moved last April and still haven't unpacked all of the boxes, or put up all of the pictures. There is a lot in the office and the guest room. Maybe I should make that my goal. If FI would just go out once in awhile and leave me alone in the house I would be able to get everything done.

Make sure you label all your boxes, and don't put it as "miscellaneous." And try to get rid of as much stuff as possible as you pack so you don't take stuff with you that you will end up getting rid of once you move. We made extra boxes or bags for trash and giveaway stuff so that as we packed it went right to where it needed to go.

I'm super jealous of you living alone. As much as I love FI and can't wait to get married, living alone for 2 months sounds like heaven to me. I lived alone for almost 6 years until FI moved in 3 years ago, with the exception of a 2 year relationship (lived together about a year) in the middle of that. I love my alone time and miss it dearly. I don't want him gone all the time, just for a day or night like once a month so I can do whatever I want without considering another person.
    ***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's been raining here too but it's been around the 40's so at least it's warming up a little! We're supposed to get more snow later this week though :/

Good luck with the move! I always leave my clothes that are hanging up on the hangers and put a plasic bag or something around them. Then just lay them flat in my car and hang them up as soon as I get to the new place. That way there's less clothes to fold and pack and then unfold again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm loving the labeling, cleaning, and leaving the clothes on the hanger ideas!  Keep 'em coming! ;-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:44524193-b4cd-40e4-bea7-ead169502301Post:739caf3f-97c6-4e80-99dc-06bf717f1f36">Re: Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I lived alone for almost 6 years until FI moved in 3 years ago, with the exception of a 2 year relationship (lived together about a year) in the middle of that. I love my alone time and miss it dearly. I don't want him gone all the time, just for a day or night like once a month so I can do whatever I want without considering another person.
    Posted by BAS19[/QUOTE]

I loved when FI worked nights!  It gave me soo much free time to get things done.  I missed him and all, but I'd lived alone for 10 years by the time we got together, and there are times that I'm ready to go insane when I can't get a moment alone.

Boston, bag open cleaning supplies and be sure to pack them tightly in a box.  A spilled bottle of bleach does not mix with trunk carpeting (true story, found this out on move #2).  If you're having help, put the room location on the outside of the box, that way everyone will know what goes where without stopping to ask.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • As you are cleaning out cupboards and drawers, leave an "Empty" sticky note on the ones that are done, so you aren't constantly backtracking.

Put sticky notes on the walls of your new place so movers know where to place furniture.

I'll keep thinking. I worked for a moving company for a couple years in college, but heck if I can remember anything at the moment!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had rain in NC where I am for most of Tuesday ... My son is trying out for the middle school track team so they cancelled try outs Tuesday. Now they are saying maybe freezing rain again on Saturday. I just one one good fluffy pretty decent amount of snow but its always a mix or freezing rain
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards