September 2013 Weddings

Spill, it's Monday Morning!

How was everyone's weekend?

I have checks galore!  Saturday we booked the honeymoon.  FI saved us over $500 by booking with AAA.  Then we went to Men's Wearhouse for the tuxes.  His tux rental was free.  So we saved lots of money with that too.  Later we went to look at after-party places.  We decided to test out the drive from the church to the reception.  FI's parents did it a few months back and told us it took them an hour.  I refused to believe it.  It took FI and I 25 minutes.  We hit almost every red light.  It was snowing.  I've been saying for months that they picked the least effiecent way to drive through the city.  Now FI believes me and we're not worried about it anymore.  It was something like three turns.  Now I get to work on writing up the directions.  When we got in town, we booked our hotel room for our wedding night.  So we're all set with that.  And we figured out our menu for the tasting next month.  So productive!

NWR: FI and I did massive shopping for our new apartment.  I can't get over how much we spent on things like toliet paper and napkins.  I forgot soap so I have another trip in my future.  Oh well!  We move on Friday!

Re: Spill, it's Monday Morning!

• Sounds like you've gotten so much done! Tha'ts great!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on getting so much accomplished, Boston!!

I was a lump lol - kind of.  FI and I did almost nothing wedding related, unless you count my splurge on Havianas for the wedding :).  I didn't do anything with the burlap, but I did start painting candlesticks and plates for a few craft projects I've been wanting to get started.  We went looking for what would have been the wine box, but found nothing.  This is something I refuse to stress about, so I'll just order one.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congrats on getting so much done and the new apartment!

I wanted to get more done than we did but I think a mostly relaxing weekend was needed. We went to Men's Warehouse too, and picked out the suits we want. FI is checking with the groomsmen but we are probably going to have them buy light grey suits instead of renting tuxes. I can't stand the thought of black tuxes in on the beach in Florida in 90+ degree heat, I just think its cruel. We priced how much it would be to rent a grey suit and it comes out cheaper for the guys to buy them (we "found" a 50% purchase for the whole wedding party coupon) and rent the shirt, tie and shoes. It will end up being about $40 more than renting a black tux and then they get to keep the Calvin Klein suit. We did however settle on grey suit and navy tie, so one thing is complete about the tuxes.

We also looked into honeymoon location some more and I want to book but FI wants to think about it. He is looking into cheaper all inclusive Caribbean resorts then Sandals, but I keep thinking there isn't enough information available to feel comfortable with it. One of the places was recommended by a friend of his but the more I looked into it all of the activities provided by the hotel are included, but nothing else. I don't want to get there and be disappointed that it isn't what we thought it was and have to spend more money. Hopefully I can force him to go with my decision soon.

NWR: MOH's grandmother passed away last night and I have no idea what to do to help her. MOH and her mother went to Michigan for 4 days this past week to introduce MOH's 2 month old to his great-grandparents. About 24 hours after they left her Nana had a major heart attack and wasn't expected to make it another 24 hours. MOH text me this yesterday afternoon and I saw on FB this morning that she passed. I want to drop off dinner or something for her and H, but I don't get along the best with her H and don't feel comfortable just dropping by their house (it's a long, complicated story). Any suggestions?
    ***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to a cake tasting this weekend. Wasn't so impressed with the price so the search continues
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ordered my invites this weekend! We also put up the sheet rock in the kitchen and most of the front living room wall just a few more little pieces to go. Finally decided on colors and picked up some paint samples on one of our many trips to Lowe's. Also pretty much done with the guest list just have to finish getting addresses and emails and such. Mostly the FI has to get the addresses. We are about 10 over our target number but him and my mom keep saying it will be ok so I'm just going with it.
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I found the gift I want to get my flower girl its so cute!!!

I started writing out the invitation addresses ( I am doing my own calligraphy so I'm saving a ton of money)  I looked into making my own program fans and found this one lady who made 50 fans for $25 so I have to figure out what kind of paper she used! (I have the popsicle sticks all ready!!  We are meeting with our pastor to start our counseling this coming Sunday before church!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_spill-its-monday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:49006d6e-9c90-48c9-8b5d-7a657f87974aPost:97372874-ecff-4559-b6a9-d8e60e97ba84">Re: Spill, it's Monday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on getting so much done and the new apartment! I wanted to get more done than we did but I think a mostly relaxing weekend was needed. We went to Men's Warehouse too, and picked out the suits we want. FI is checking with the groomsmen but we are probably going to have them buy light grey suits instead of renting tuxes. I can't stand the thought of black tuxes in on the beach in Florida in 90+ degree heat, I just think its cruel. We priced how much it would be to rent a grey suit and it comes out cheaper for the guys to buy them (we "found" a 50% purchase for the whole wedding party coupon) and rent the shirt, tie and shoes. It will end up being about $40 more than renting a black tux and then they get to keep the Calvin Klein suit. We did however settle on grey suit and navy tie, so one thing is complete about the tuxes.   We also looked into honeymoon location some more and I want to book but FI wants to think about it. He is looking into cheaper all inclusive Caribbean resorts then Sandals, but I keep thinking there isn't enough information available to feel comfortable with it. One of the places was recommended by a friend of his but the more I looked into it all of the activities provided by the hotel are included, but nothing else. I don't want to get there and be disappointed that it isn't what we thought it was and have to spend more money. Hopefully I can force him to go with my decision soon. NWR: MOH's grandmother passed away last night and I have no idea what to do to help her. MOH and her mother went to Michigan for 4 days this past week to introduce MOH's 2 month old to his great-grandparents. About 24 hours after they left her Nana had a major heart attack and wasn't expected to make it another 24 hours. MOH text me this yesterday afternoon and I saw on FB this morning that she passed. I want to drop off dinner or something for her and H, but I don't get along the best with her H and don't feel comfortable just dropping by their house (it's a long, complicated story). Any suggestions?
    Posted by BAS19[/QUOTE]

First, so sorry to hear about your MOH's grandma. Truthfully I would probably just stop over. I always think when someone passes differnces just kind of get pushed to the back burner for a while. They pick right back up later, but for that time people let them go.

As for all inclusives have you check palace resorts? one of my moms friends swears by them her neices acutally goes all the time and that is the only resort they will go to
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • WR: Still adressing our STDs. (Actually still getting addresses, ugh!) I found an adorable little wooden box that looks like a suitcase at Michaels today.  Only 50 cents! We will stain it and use it as the ring bearer box. Super excited about that. We talked about the wedding shower dates. (OOT Family is questioning, they want to bring new baby and do Christening at same time! :) ) I've done a lot of looking at ring bearer and flower girl outfits. I think I know what I want.  Everything looks so cute, it's hard to decide!

I really got to get going on this wedding stuff!  I'm so good at procrastinating, but I'm afraid I'll end up settling instead of getting what I want.

NWR: We booked our flights for the trip to FL we are taking in June for my good friends wedding.  Looking at the resort pictures has got me excited!  We also decided what luggage to buy, just gotta go get it.
    Sept. 13 March Siggy Challenge: hair inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards