Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Looking for Catering

I am looking for a affortable catering company. We want somebody who has a variety of choices. Who have you used or looked into that was budget friendly??

TIA!

Re: Looking for Catering

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WE are using Jim Lee Events.  We told him our budget and our thoughts on what we wanted an they came back with a great menu in our budget!  I worked with Sean Carey.  Tell Brandi sent you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Savory Catering. They were great.
  • Options
    danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Creative Cusine- they are willing to work with budgets
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

When we were looking at a DIY venue, I met with Joann from Affordable Dreams.  Communication was good and prices were reasonable.  However, I do not have any experience past our initial emailing and 2 personal meetings... no tastings.  What I dealt with them they were good.

I've also heard good reviews from friends about Two Sisters Catering.

photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have had tastings with Guess who's coming to Dinner? and CN catering. Both stuck to the budget that I gave them and created a great menu. We are using CN catering because we got more for our money with them.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: My Dress
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I would also recommend CN Catering. However, we went with Cliff Star because even though CN is great we got more with Cliff Star. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These are great! Thanks ladies!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We tried CN and really liked them but they couldn't stick to our budget and went about 2,000 over. We went with Black Eyed Peas. Heather was awesome very friendly and stayed within budget and with extras.

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also suggest maybe trying some of your local smaller restaurants.  Many have catering menus, etc.  Just a thought.
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sissy's Catering is very reasonable--we are using her. Just make sure you tell her EVERYTHING you need up front. We had a lot of extra cost for tablecloths, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Based on some of the reviews I have read since I joined this board, a couple of brides have also recommended CRO (www.caterdallas.com/services.html">http://www.caterdallas.com/services.html).

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Julie, look at nearby restaurants. For my wedding I checked out several caterers but ended up going with a local restaurant, 7 Salsas in Las Colinas.  They cut me such a great deal, around $2600 for 250 guest, this included tax, gratuity and the cost of 6 waiters to serve a sit down dinner for around 2 hours.
  • Options
    prlmrg08prlmrg08 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sissy's Catering is great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Seven Loafs Catering, he is very affordable and nice, tell'em jennifer sent ya!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Nice Guys Catering.  We are spending less than $2500 for a full buffet for 200 and 2 kegs, wine, 4 servers and they will even cut our cake when we are ready for that which I have actually heard other caters straight up say they don't do wedding cakes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards