September 2013 Weddings

bridal shower invite timing?

I am confused. We planned to send out our wedding invites around June. My aunt is throwing us a shower in July, and asked me to give her a shower invite list. I assume with a July shower she would send the invites out around end of May or beginning of June.

Are ladies supposed to get the wedding invite first, the shower invite first, or does it not matter?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: bridal shower invite timing?

• I'm not sure it much matters which arrives first, especially if you will have sent save the dates for the wedding itself. I always feel  like the STD is the big announcement--once those are out, the invite just fills in the details for the day!

It might be ideal if you and Aunt coordinate--maybe both send in the same week. Also, I'd interested to hear what other girls think (I have been wondering myself), how far ahead should shower invites be sent? Seems as though 5-8 weeks would be plenty.
  • I dont think it matterrs. We are having an early shower in May since my sister will be in town. Wedding invites typically go out 6 to 8 weeks before the wedding. The only thing I would be not to invite someone to the shower that isn't invited to the wedding. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I dont think it matters which goes out first. My shower invites will actually be going out in March since my shower will be memorial day weekend in may so my mom wanted to give people plenty notice since its a holiday weekend.
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The last wedding that I was invited to the shower, I got the shower invite literally the week after the wedding invite.

I think they waited for the invites to go out, then sent the shower invite.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • When I threw my sister's shower, the shower invites were in the mail before the wedding invites. She sent a STD to every person who was invited to the wedding, so it didn't matter much by then about the wedding invite.
  • thanks ladies. I got STD out to all people on the shower list. I imagine they will arrive about the same time. which will work out great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards