September 2013 Weddings

Poll: Need your help girls - which dress?!? PICS (long)

I recently posted about my dress being too similar to somebody elses.  II went one final time to try on dresses...I hadn't tried on any ball gown dresses which are what I've always dreamed of wearing.  Well..guess what.  I fell in LOVE.  Surprise surprise.

We are getting married in a victorian ballroom so the princess dress definetly fits the feel better if that sways your opinion at all.

Help!  Which dress ooks better on me?!  Long with tons of pics! :  wedding Womensclub06

Dress #1: Casablanca 2066 - I LOVE THIS DRESS.  I did from the second I tried it on.  It fit me like a glove so I could see how it would really look and I think my figure looks great in it.  I just really worry that it is too trendy.  I am a really traditional person and I am afraid I just love how I look in it.  It is alot less bridal though.

Help!  Which dress ooks better on me?!  Long with tons of pics! :  wedding IMG 1504

Help!  Which dress ooks better on me?!  Long with tons of pics! :  wedding IMG 1426

Dress #2:  Enzoani Dabra -It is exactly what I have always wanted in a dress with a touch of the first one.  It is big, huge train and I felt SO beautiful in it instead of sexy.  I'd have the back brought down a bit to "v" it a little like the first dress and have my hips taken in to makes it a bit more of a dropped waist.  It isn't clipped in this first pic and was 6 sizes too big so I didn't get a full feel of the correct size like I did in the first.  The salon is ordering a loaner for me to try on in the right size.  I just felt like it didn't show my figure off as much.

HA omg I look deranged in this picture....please excuse that! HA!

Help!  Which dress ooks better on me?!  Long with tons of pics! :  wedding Photo 4

Help!  Which dress ooks better on me?!  Long with tons of pics! :  wedding Photo3

Help!  Which dress ooks better on me?!  Long with tons of pics! :  wedding Photo 2

Here is another girl in the dress actually fitted and with more of a dropped waist look which I think it would look like on me from the front

Help!  Which dress ooks better on me?!  Long with tons of pics! :  wedding Dabra

Friends and family are team 2 princess dress....said it is more "me" and more of a wedding dress.  I just can't get the first one out of my head!

What do you think?

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Poll: Need your help girls - which dress?!? PICS (long)

• The pictures aren't showing up for me.  :-( 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    I LOVE the bodice on the first dress, it does look really beautiful on you but the skirt part just doesn't seem right.  Maybe it is the picture?  
    The second dress, when fitted properly will be etherial!  You are petite so I would definitely have it tailored to be more fitted to your body. 

I am with your friends and family and vote dress 2 but either way you will be a very beautiful bride!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_poll-need-your-help-girls-which-dress-pics-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:6bef839c-0bbd-4763-81c3-586cc5a44821Post:15411245-feb4-4864-bdef-7445449818c2">Re: Poll: Need your help girls - which dress?!? PICS (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]The pictures aren't showing up for me.  :-( 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

BOOOO really?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They're both very nice, but I think you look absolutely amazing in the 2nd one!  The veil did it for me :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks everybody!

It is a rough decision.  If I could, I'd buy both :(

• I tried viewing on the work computer on both IE and FireFox.  No go.  But then I tried using my Droid4 and magically there you were.  Voila!  :-)

I think Dress #1 is absolutely rockin' on you.  You look stunning and it's a gorgeous dress.  I initially leaned towards Dress #1 just for the rockin' factor and voted that way. 

But after looking again although I think Dress #2 fits the venue and the more classic image of a beautiful bride. When you're kids go back through your wedding pictures to make fun of you and your husband... will they say, "WOW Mom, you look beautiful!"  OR "Check out what weird mermaid dress! That's so 2012".  (Not that I'm putting down anyone's fondness for mermaid style dresses). 

I hereby officially change my vote to dress #2.   
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_poll-need-your-help-girls-which-dress-pics-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:6bef839c-0bbd-4763-81c3-586cc5a44821Post:e605ca92-ce1c-498b-8a3e-681d1c84b584">Re: Poll: Need your help girls - which dress?!? PICS (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried viewing on the work computer on both IE and FireFox.  No go.  But then I tried using my Droid4 and magically there you were.  Voila!  :-) I think Dress #1 is absolutely rockin' on you.  You look stunning and it's a gorgeous dress.  I initially leaned towards Dress #1 just for the rockin' factor and voted that way.  But after looking again although I think Dress #2 fits the venue and the more classic image of a beautiful bride. When you're kids go back through your wedding pictures to make fun of you and your husband... will they say, "WOW Mom, you look beautiful!"  OR "Check out what weird mermaid dress! That's so 2012".  (Not that I'm putting down anyone's fondness for mermaid style dresses).  I hereby officially change my vote to dress #2.   
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

LOL EXACTLY!  My cousin said the saaaaaaaaame thing like "hey mom..your ass looks HOT in that"  or "aw momma looks pretty!"

• They both look great on you - but I have to go with #2! I'm in a really similar situation with an Enzoani dress of a kind of similar shape (Cheyenne) vs. a mermaid, and it just feels like it fits the tone of the wedding more. #2 is just breathtaking, and I think it still has a very modern silhouette while still being 'bridal'. You look slamming in #1, though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The first dress flatters your figure more.  Beautiful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You look beautiful in both and simply can't go wrong with either one. But the second jumped out at me and gave me that "Wow"  that most brides are hoping for!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ABSOLUTELY LOVE how you look in the first dress!!! Its gorgeous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards