September 2013 Weddings

Honeymoon

I think we have finally nailed down our honeymoon destination.

I was just about ready to book our Jamaica trip when I decided to go over everything one last time with FI. That's when he said, lets do something BIG. Lets go somewhere worth saying we went to our honeymoon there.

I've been doing extensive research over the last three days and it looks like we are going to HAWAII!!!!!

I've narrowed down flights and Hotels. I just need FI's approval on everything and we are booking!!! I'm so excited! I never thought we'd be able to affford hawaii but I guess booking this far in advance does actuall save money!!

YAY!!!
~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Honeymoon

• That sounds great!! Which island(s) are you thinking?
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay Hawaii!  My BFF is going there in June...staying at one of the Westin resorts.

I've heard it is beautiful there!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is so exciting! We thought about going there, but I am a terrible flyer and the flights are just too long for me! It looks so beautiful there, I know you guys will have an amazing time! Can't wait to see the pictures when you return!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think we'll be visiting Honolulu and maybe Maui.

It depends what we want to spend our money on. While seeing more than one island would be awesome, apart of me is thinking it would be nice to use the extra money and *really* see one island. I'm talking helocopter tours and stuff like that.

~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hawaii is a great choice! If you're outdoorsy people and like going to the beach an hiking, seeing volcanoes, waterfalls, all different types of climates I'd suggest the big island. If your looking for a laid back, non touristy relaxing honeymoon try kauai :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with Aliadee -- Kauai and Maui are both very quiet, romantic islands. The Big Island/Honolulu is where the "action" is, if that's more your scene. 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So far I've booked a resort on Waikiki that a friend of mine reccomended. I wanted to lock down the price so we at least know we have someplace to go within budget.

If FI is able to book one of our flight tickets on points, we'll somehow manage this trip in and around $3000 which would be AWESOME!!! That means more spending money to do a bunch of stuff!

I'll be doing more research and possibly heading to another island for a day or two.
  • Yup, we're going there too.  We'll be booking next year but we've been discussing it with our travel agent for a few months to lock down the particulars.  Then he sent us his proposal for places and itineraries and everything looks great so I'm excited to get that done next year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards