September 2013 Weddings

Wedding Wednesday

What is your biggest wedding fear?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• ...we want EVERYONE to have fun.  I have several family members who hate eachother.  We are really hoping they can either mend things in the 13 months before the wedding or suck it up for the day and just have fun.

...the whole booze thing.  I know we must do an open bar but we have alot of really big drinkers on both sides and are worried that an open bar will absolutely break our budget. (one of my sisters' open bar cost her 8,000.  our entire wedding budget is between 15,000 and 20,000 so there is absolutely NO way we can afford anywhere near 8000)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rain on my wedding day.  Doing an outdoor wedding I am so scared it will rain.  We do have a back up plan but still freakin out about it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Friend was telling me about this girl who, as she was putting on her dress, split it clean down the back. That might be up there in my worst fears. 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:786de863-7d89-4807-9461-8d593cf14f12Post:67b7a952-22e1-402a-871f-fb9f622b30d9">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rain on my wedding day.  Doing an outdoor wedding I am so scared it will rain.  We do have a back up plan but still freakin out about it. 
    Posted by MandiNewMommy[/QUOTE]

<div>Mandi, I commend you -- I could never plan an outdoor wedding, I would be a nervous wreck! </div>
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • - Rain for me too! 
    - The ceremony! I'm scared of crying in front of everyone. Haha. I'm someone who doesn't really like being in the spotlight. Plus, I have an ugly cry face. HAHAHA!
    Miranda Winslett etsy.com/shop/MrandMrsWinslett mrandmrswinslett.blogspot.com
  • Rain! I actually checked the Farmer's Almanac going back 10 years to see which date had the least amount of rain while still being warm enough to have an evening wedding outside, and that's how I settled on Sept. 21!
    Aside from that, I'm just nervous about everything coming together and everybody thinking it's awesome. I mean, I know everybody will have a good time, cause my family always has a good time, but I really just want it to stand out as one of the best weddings. We're incorporating a lot of personal touches, so I'm trying to walk the line between being personal and still being fairly traditional.
    The dress splitting! Omg - what did she do?? I can't even imagine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rain.  We have a backup plan, but I really want to get married on the beach.

Both FI's and my fathers have a tendency to drink too much and be d*cks (not to each other, but they make a formidable team when they work together), so I'm hoping they remember where they are and keep it under control.  I'd hate to have to freak out on one of them on my classiest day lol.

Being the center of attention.  I'm very quiet and private, so being in the spotlight All.Freaking.Day is going to be a shock to my system.  The thought of the first dance with everyone watching is almost enough to make me want to elope.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:786de863-7d89-4807-9461-8d593cf14f12Post:68c7e5dc-5542-4948-b46d-fa1ec5a101db">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rain! I actually checked the Farmer's Almanac going back 10 years to see which date had the least amount of rain while still being warm enough to have an evening wedding outside, and that's how I settled on Sept. 21! Aside from that, I'm just nervous about everything coming together and everybody thinking it's awesome. I mean, I know everybody will have a good time, cause my family always has a good time, but I really just want it to stand out as one of the best weddings. We're incorporating a lot of personal touches, so I'm trying to walk the line between being personal and still being fairly traditional. The dress splitting! Omg - what did she do?? I can't even imagine.
    Posted by Ophelia0326[/QUOTE]

This makes me so happy because I am the same day in Evanston LOL...Thank's for doing the foot work for me! HA!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rain on my wedding day... We are having an outdoor wedding, we have a backup plan also, but it is nothing what I would want, but I would also not like to get poured on when getting married.
  • Having my period. lol It would be just my luck.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:786de863-7d89-4807-9461-8d593cf14f12Post:68c7e5dc-5542-4948-b46d-fa1ec5a101db">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rain! I actually checked the Farmer's Almanac going back 10 years to see which date had the least amount of rain while still being warm enough to have an evening wedding outside, and that's how I settled on Sept. 21! 
    Posted by Ophelia0326[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Glad I'm not the only one who did that...

</div>
  • Mine would have to be everyone not coming to the reception. We are having our reception at a different location that the ceremony. So I fear that not many people will come to the reception. I'd hate to spend so much money on the reception for not many people to show.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:786de863-7d89-4807-9461-8d593cf14f12Post:8ba841c3-be67-4600-bffd-93f2a3f2f608">Re:Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Having my period. lol It would be just my luck.
    Posted by deburnin[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think of that!  That would really suck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • #1  Rain on the wedding day. Our ceremony is outdoors, but the receptions is in the same location but indoors.  If it rains, we'll just get married inside but people will have to view from their tables I guess.  :-(  I also checked the Farmer's Almanac and it's been over 10 years for our date so I'm trying not to freak about it.

#2  Our live band is a bluegrass/folk band.  I fear not everyone will enjoy it and no one will dance.  We're also having an iPod hook up for dinner and during breaks to help calm my nerves.

#3  My FI and I have never danced together.  Ever.  We're going to take some lessons but I'm still a hot mess.  I usually don't dance unless there is mass quantities of alcohol involved.  I'm scared to look like a fool. 

#4  His parents are divorced and I worry about his mother being a debbie downer all day as she hasn't met his new stepmom and I fear her making a scene. 

#5  My nerves not allowing me to hold down any food the day of the wedding and being in a constant state of running to the bathroom. 

#6  That I'll be so emotional during our vows that I'll ruin my pretty makeup. 

I shouldn't have started this list.....
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think I have two worries...

One is that no one will come!  We relocated to Seattle about two years ago, and our family is spread throughout the country and Europe.  We decided to have it here in Seattle but I am nervous that many people will not be able to attend due to cost.  We're inviting about 100 people and are hopeful that around 60 will be able to attend.  I'm fine with a small wedding, but I know my fiance will be disappointed if not many members of his extended family attend.  We are flying to Vermont in a few days to attend his cousin's wedding.  I am hopeful that they will fly out to attend our as well.

My second would be my FMIL trying to stop the wedding!  Despite my FI and I dating more than 7 years she continues to see me as a temporary addition.  She is definitely not a fan of mine but hopefully she will grow and evolve throughout this wedding planning process.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ...that my FMIL will get "excited" on our wedding day and stir up drama.

...that my mom will have an issue around the time of our wedding.  She has brain cancer and it's an unpredictable disease.

...that people won't like our recpetion.  We're having our reception on a yacht.  We've gone out on it one one of the "worst days" and it really doesn't rock that much, but I'm still nervous because I'm a nervous person in general.

...that there will be family drama.  I was adopted as an infant and I've recently reconnected with my birth family, especially my biological sisters.  They are amazing and mean the world to me and I can't imagine not having them at my wedding.  I know there's going to be drama around that decision however and I'm not looking forward to it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:786de863-7d89-4807-9461-8d593cf14f12Post:f40aa4a1-4c2a-4945-9fc8-c54e34f2feb7">Re:Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Wedding Wednesday : I didn't even think of that!  That would really suck!
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]

I'm getting on this train.  I really don't want to be bloated and itchy the day that I'm getting photographed the most...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:786de863-7d89-4807-9461-8d593cf14f12Post:8ba841c3-be67-4600-bffd-93f2a3f2f608">Re:Wedding Wednesday</a>:

<div>Crap, now there's this too.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:786de863-7d89-4807-9461-8d593cf14f12Post:8ba841c3-be67-4600-bffd-93f2a3f2f608">Re:Wedding Wednesday</a>:

Because of this comment I decided to investigate.  I'm on birth control and and makes very regular.  I counted the entire calendar according to the 28 day cycle and I should be okay.  Yippee!!  (And yes, I am THAT crazy). 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My biggest fear is that things don't go as planned. I mean catastrophic. I have yet to find a venue so maybe that will help decrease the inner anxiety
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:786de863-7d89-4807-9461-8d593cf14f12Post:2f288232-4658-40d6-86f1-d79a88c497d1">Re:Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Wedding Wednesday : Because of this comment I decided to investigate.  I'm on birth control and and makes very regular.  I counted the entire calendar according to the 28 day cycle and I should be okay.  Yippee!!  (And yes, I am THAT crazy). 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

<div>I had that going for me until a few months ago; switched to Paragard so now it's a wild card.  D*mn.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:786de863-7d89-4807-9461-8d593cf14f12Post:08d7fffb-f643-4687-9f16-7d8f38947ce3">Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is your biggest wedding fear?
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

i think in a way the whole day - i want everything to be a big fun and partying day and I dont want to be totally stressed out and spazzing about anything - but i know some how i will end up running around like a chicken with my head cut off and not be ready or have anything done on time - no matter how hard i try - or how much someone else around me tries - something is going to throw me off all day long i just know it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:786de863-7d89-4807-9461-8d593cf14f12Post:c5bfb880-1cc5-4615-a470-d75f6bdc6eb3">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]...we want EVERYONE to have fun.  I have several family members who hate eachother.  We are really hoping they can either mend things in the 13 months before the wedding or suck it up for the day and just have fun. ...the whole booze thing.  I know we must do an open bar but we have alot of really big drinkers on both sides and are worried that an open bar will absolutely break our budget. (one of my sisters' open bar cost her 8,000.  our entire wedding budget is between 15,000 and 20,000 so there is absolutely NO way we can afford anywhere near 8000)
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]

if you have open bar as part of your package - it woulnd't be a big shock - ours is running us X amt of dollars per person - I honestly can't remember the amount right now - but it wasnt a shock at bill paying time
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:786de863-7d89-4807-9461-8d593cf14f12Post:2f288232-4658-40d6-86f1-d79a88c497d1">Re:Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Wedding Wednesday : Because of this comment I decided to investigate.  I'm on birth control and and makes very regular.  I counted the entire calendar according to the 28 day cycle and I should be okay.  Yippee!!  (And yes, I am THAT crazy). 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

I have a mirena - so I usually don't get a period - and even if I do - it is SOOOOOO light that i usually don't even know I have it - however I get monthly migraines - now I am afraid I will end up with a hormonal migraine
  • Dmo, I wish we had the option of buying a package like that!  Sadly, ours is only based on either a preset amount (like up to 3000) or we just pick up the tab at the end of the night (scary!).  Beers cost 4.75 and wine and mixed drinks cost 7.50 or 8. 

We are thinking of only hosting beer and wine due to the fact that we have alot of guests who have a tendency to get utterly smashed at events. We think by not hosting mixed drinks it may slow some people down a bit.

Thankfully we have plenty of time to think it through or get second jobs to support peoples booze habits.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:786de863-7d89-4807-9461-8d593cf14f12Post:dd3704a7-c230-4dc4-9c84-6d91b9b49ca1">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dmo, I wish we had the option of buying a package like that!  Sadly, ours is only based on either a preset amount (like up to 3000) or we just pick up the tab at the end of the night (scary!).  Beers cost 4.75 and wine and mixed drinks cost 7.50 or 8.  We are thinking of only hosting beer and wine due to the fact that we have alot of guests who have a tendency to get utterly smashed at events. We think by not hosting mixed drinks it may slow some people down a bit. Thankfully we have plenty of time to think it through or get second jobs to support peoples booze habits.
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why we chose to do only beer and wine.  We MIGHT do a signature drink of a spiked apple cider but I reallyyyyy don't want people getting so smashed they puke or can't drike. 
  • Ellie - Sorry, I'm having the wedding in Michigan! But since you've already set the date, no use looking into it now and second guessing yourself, right?

Personally, I'd rather have my period on WD than on my honeymoon! If I had to pick. I'll probably just cycle my pills if it looks like it's coming up and then I won't have to worry about it.

Jlp...speaking as a person who has a tendency to get smashed at weddings (not that I'm proud of it), I'm not sure that cutting out mixed drinks will necessarily slow people down - though it does sound like it would probably be a good way to cut costs since beer is cheaper! Our venue doesn't have a liquor license, which means we have to bring everything in ourselves, which sounds like a great way to save money...except it's not at all. Lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh my gosh I have the exact same fear! I have been looking at the weather these past few days and I keep telling my fianc that I might have chosen a bad month to get married in : I'm new to The board by the way. I'm getting married 9/12/13 outside ceremony indoor reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My worst fears are that it will rain on my wedding day, my DIY floral center pieces won't come out as fabulous as I'd like, and makeup Won't come out the way I'd like it to. I'm new to The board by the way. I'm getting married 9/12/13 outside ceremony indoor reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards