September 2013 Weddings

Bridesmaid dresses with decent straps

Why does it seem like almost all bridesmaid dresses are strapless (or have spaghetti straps)?  I'm trying to find dresses with thick enough straps to allow for a supportive bra so that all the girls are comfortable in them but it's like running into a brick wall.

My bridal party is scattered all over the place too, so I do a lot of my looking on online sites so I can share with them.  Eden's Bridal dresses look like they have an option to add straps, but, other than that, does anyone have any other suggestions of places to look?

TIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid dresses with decent straps

• Do you have a David's Bridal by you?

My brothers wedding was just this past weekend and my SIL let us pick our own dresses as long as they were the same color.  One of the BM's picked one with thicker straps and she wore her regular bra with it.  It also had clips on the straps for the bra to ensure it didn't show during the night!  She is a size 16 and looked fantastic in the dress! 

HERE is the link to the dress.

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_bridesmaid-dresses-with-decent-straps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:7a21f2e6-af95-4acd-a105-51789a323a88Post:92116f7a-543a-49cc-8257-b383a4eb4143">Re: Bridesmaid dresses with decent straps</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have a David's Bridal by you? My brothers wedding was just this past weekend and my SIL let us pick our own dresses as long as they were the same color.  One of the BM's picked one with thicker straps and she wore her regular bra with it.  It also had clips on the straps for the bra to ensure it didn't show during the night!  She is a size 16 and looked fantastic in the dress!  HERE is the link to the dress.
    Posted by elliemonster2012[/QUOTE]

I do!  My MOH/FSIL and FMIL went there (my MOH was a good sport and tried on a bunch of dresses).  We found a few things we liked, but nothing we absolutely loved.

Although the link to the dress you sent me was the one I thought I absolutely wanted the BMs to wear!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the Jenny Yoo Collection. You could easily fit a convertable bra underneath several of their styles.

Happy Shopping!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Check out Coco Myles.  They are online only but do have some options with straps.  I know a few girls who have ordered from there and have loved the dresses, they are about the same quality/price as David's Bridal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's for the suggestions!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • skowalykskowalyk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    There are lots of dresses with one thick strap that my bm have been looking at.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards