September 2013 Weddings
Options

Talk Big Thursday

What do you have to AW about this week?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Talk Big Thursday

• Options

NWR: I had an interview last Friday and I did not expect to hear back right away. I got a call on Tuesday saying that they wanted me to come back and do a second interview with the VP on Weds (yesterday). I think it went really, really well and even if I don't get this position- I feel great about the interview :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Good luck to you. I don't really have anything to AW about except no work for me until Jan 11, 2013!!!!!!!!! Yay me
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI and I had a chat last night and he agreed to help out with more of the planning.  I was starting to feel overwhelmed with addressing save the dates, figuring out the florist, planning the honeymoon, and getting ready to register and it was too much with everything else that's going on in my life.

He agreed to address half of the save the dates and figuring out the rest of our honeymoon stuff.  That will help me out in a major way and we'll be back to that good place soon if we work together.

NWR: I wrapped all my Christmas gifts last night.  I have two papercuts to prove it but I'm proud of me seeing as normally I'm wrapping Christmas Eve.
  • Options
    NWR: Tomorrow is my birthday, wahoo! Except I will be at work all day and probably doing nothing after. Then after that, one more day of work and then I'm off until January 2nd!

• Options
    NWR:  I am done shopping finally !    FI and I really are going super cheap between ourselves this year because there is jus too much other stuff to pay for but I got my son his new XBOX 360 yesterday at an awesome deal so I am officially done shopping now

WR: my dress is being shipped to me - so I should have it this weekend ... I still need to find where I am putting it BUT I will have it !!!

FI and I need to have a talk though about the missing addresses I still need because he is making no effort to track them down but he put these people on the list...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    About 20 minutes ago I completed my first random act of kindness for #26Acts in honor of the 26 fallen victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. 

I put a $20 bill in a Christmas card along with a detailed note about how I was giving them money in honor of Charlotte Bacon, age 6 to help a little bit towards giving their child joy at Christmas and gave it to a random women at the local Job & Family Services office in their lobby.  She appeared to be a young single mom and was completely caught off guard but very grateful.  I hope she pays it forward too and the message of kindness continues to spread. 

I feel sooo good.  It's the first thing I've really and truly found comfort in since last Friday.  I've been in such a funk so this is helping my spirit heal. 

If you're not aware of this movement, google "26 acts" or visit facebook/26acts. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    NWR we went to look at houses today and found one we absolutely love and has everything we want in a house!! Since my FI made a huge payment on his credit card a few days ago we didn't have the money today to put a bid on the house and sign the papers. We are going to do all that next Friday and that way the house will be off the market. I'm hoping and praying that within this week no one else puts a bid on it. Since I'm sooo nervous and anxious about this I'm putting anything wedding related on hold until after we put our bid. My AW for today is how my FI said if he has to he will sell his car that he's put so much time and money into to help us pay for closing costs. I think it's really sweet how he would do that for us since he really does love that car. He bought a new car last May so this is just a spare second car but boy oh boy does he care for that car! Lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_talk-big-thursday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:81bd9da3-4b7a-402d-a378-74b61440de89Post:475c1cef-3d4e-4d3f-8002-57923968402d">Re: Talk Big Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]About 20 minutes ago I completed my first random act of kindness for #26Acts in honor of the 26 fallen victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.  I put a $20 bill in a Christmas card along with a detailed note about how I was giving them money in honor of Charlotte Bacon, age 6 to help a little bit towards giving their child joy at Christmas and gave it to a random women at the local Job & Family Services office in their lobby.  She appeared to be a young single mom and was completely caught off guard but very grateful.  I hope she pays it forward too and the message of kindness continues to spread.  I feel sooo good.  It's the first thing I've really and truly found comfort in since last Friday.  I've been in such a funk so this is helping my spirit heal.  If you're not aware of this movement, google "26 acts" or visit facebook/26acts. 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thanks really generous of you.  Hopefully those families will realize that the whole nation is in mourning with them. I am sure the single mom appreciated it

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_talk-big-thursday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:81bd9da3-4b7a-402d-a378-74b61440de89Post:a0d3867e-7105-4278-b4ae-1585fda756cc">Re: Talk Big Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]NWR: Tomorrow is my birthday, wahoo! Except I will be at work all day and probably doing nothing after. Then after that, one more day of work and then I'm off until January 2nd!
    Posted by semi891[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>and....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_talk-big-thursday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:81bd9da3-4b7a-402d-a378-74b61440de89Post:5a180422-2626-484c-9680-0275be7360c2">Re: Talk Big Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk Big Thursday : and....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Posted by ncwenze[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

You know, as long as the world doesn't end *rolls eyes* :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards