September 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding gown doubts

I am seriously having wedding gown doubts. I have no doubt that I would look fantastic in the gown I have chosen but I don't know if it really suits my personality or if it's just a beautiful bride. Our theme for the wedding is baroque enchantment and our colors are black, charcoal, royal blue and violet. My bouquet is black and charcoal fabric flowers with silver and crystal brooches. My dress just doesn't seem to fit my theme and I really do want a formal wedding, not necessarily do I picture myself in a ball gown as I think I'd be swallowed whole by one but I did picture something a tad bit non-traditional, something more fashion less bridal. 
original gown

different idea?

there is no  sparkle on this gown, the reason i like it is i can dress up with more accessories. 

I don't know I am just really confused. Help? 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding gown doubts

• Options
    PDXShari83PDXShari83 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-gown-doubts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:acd0426f-60d7-47ba-af3f-7744a5d4dbcaPost:51cb0c92-9cb9-4514-9429-7b1a596ccb4e">Wedding gown doubts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am seriously having wedding gown doubts. I have no doubt that I would look fantastic in the gown I have chosen but I don't know if it really suits my personality or if it's just a beautiful bride. Our theme for the wedding is baroque enchantment and our colors are black, charcoal, royal blue and violet. My bouquet is black and charcoal fabric flowers with silver and crystal brooches. My dress just doesn't seem to fit my theme and I really do want a formal wedding, not necessarily do I picture myself in a ball gown as I think I'd be swallowed whole by one but I did picture something a tad bit non-traditional, something more fashion less bridal.  original gown different idea? there is no  sparkle on this gown, the reason i like it is i can dress up with more accessories.  I don't know I am just really confused. Help? 
    Posted by JBSMADA10[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I think your original dress is amazing! Is there any way to add a few touches to bring the original dress closer to your new vision? 

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    JBSMADA10JBSMADA10 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    Well I did buy a belt. That has a vintage theme but I might change it out for a black sash instead of silver. I'm not sure what else. Jewelry will be a jeweled cuff and earrings as it is very beaded on top. If I do wear a necklace it will be my great grandmothers ivory necklace. I'm having it transformed to an upgraded setting.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do you already have your dress? I was having doubts about my dress not long ago. There was another dress I'm my top three that I kept dreaming about and was starting to wonder if I should have bought that dress instead. Well I ended up trying on the dress I bought again and when I put it on I immediately remembered why I picked that dress and all my doubts were gone. If you already have your dress I'd suggest trying it on again with the accessories you already have, including you're bouquet. I think the original dress you posted is gorgeous! I think you just need to accessorize it to suit your theme!
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think your original dress is my favourite out of the three.  It's gorgeous! You could also do a vintage style with your hair? With that dress you can either have your hair up or down.
  • Options
    I LOVE the original!  Dress regret is pretty common if you go over to the A&A board.  I think you just have to trust yourself.  You picked that dress for a reason (because it's beautiful) and you're going to look great!

Accessories can make all the difference!
  • Options
    i think your original dress is absolutely amazing! only you will know what you really want but, judging from this thread, I think the rest of us want you in the first one! it's really very stunning!
  • Options
    I think your original dress is beautiful! - BUT i do know exactly where you are coming from, I was/am having the same problem!! Hopefully once it comes in and i try it on I will be at ease....!! Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards