September 2013 Weddings

Dress Shopping!

So knotties,
I'm scheduling my first dress shopping appointment. Who all should I invite? should I include my bridesmaids?

Right Now its:
My Mom
My Sister who is also my Maid of Honor
My Future Mother in Law
My Future Grandmother in Law

Re: Dress Shopping!

• First time I went I took my mom, one of my sisters (who just wanted to go because it was like real life say yet to the dress lol), and my BFF.

Second time when I found my dress it was just my mom and BFF. When I went back to say yes to it, I brough my dad, mom, same sister as above, and my gramma.

Honestly, how many people you want to bring is up to you, but for me less was better while shopping. It wasn't until I knew which dress I wanted that I felt the need to have more people there to share in the moment.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I took my mother and brides maids (I only have 2).  I also invite my future mother in law, but she was still recovering from a recent surgery.  For me this was the perfect number of people.  I had enough opinions to consider without feeling overwhelmed. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    September 2013 Siggy ~Hair Inspiration~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    The first time I went, I just went with my mom, and it was great. I went to a couple other appointments with her, my bridesmaid, and my maid of honor at different times, but never had more than 2 people with me. I actually bought my dress alone, but it was a dress I had tried on with my mom. The appointment that I had my MOH and my bridesmaid was probably the most fun, but the one with just my mom was the most special. 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've only gone once so far and only took my mom.  We had fun and she felt really important taking all the pics and keeping notes for each dress.  Next time, it will be my mom and MOH (who is my bestie and fledgling photog - mama wasn't so good at that, bless her heart :/).  I'll let my other FSIL/BM know when we're going, but she doesn't have to go if she doesn't want to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • If I was shopping for a dress, I'd bring only a few people until I'd narrowed it down or was sure of what I REALLY wanted. Do you plan on coordinating your party's dresses to your own? You could bring them out to check out the dresses in general, and see if anything catches your eye - for yourself or your party.

My MOH is basically dragging me kicking and screaming to look at dresses, but we're going the minimalist-and-can-be-reworn route instead. (Although if I can get my hands on the wedding dress that my aunt wore 18 years ago...)

I actually kind of wanted to get married on Halloween so I could get married in a costume (I told Future Husband I wanted him to dress as King Kong if we did that) but I don't want to wait until October/November 2013 unless I have to.
    June 2013 Signature Challenge
    Favorite Sports Team
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I won't be going until September/October (I change my mind too much) but I know it will just be my mom and my MOH (BFF). I am too much of a people pleaser and would end up chosing something based on what they liked.
    I've had people request to come with me...which I found to be a bit forward. I just basically gave the above reply and hope they aren't too offended!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went with 5 people: 3 bm, mom and mom-in-law-to-be. We had SO much fun! My friends were not too judgmental and helped me pick out the perfect dress! My friends live in different states, so it was a reason to get together. We made a day of it and went out to dinner afterwards. Brins as many people as you want!
  • The less people, the less opinions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards