September 2013 Weddings

Contract Questions

I have a meeting tomorrow to work on the contract for my venue --- a local hotel to include the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. 

I have a list of some basic questions I need answers to regarding discounts on a block of rooms and if the discount extends to an extra night for guests or only the night of the reception ( lots of out of towners with the potential of using over 50 rooms )

the other questions are basics that I am sure everyone asks --- Just wanted to know if any of you have any questions that came up after the fact that you would be willing to share so I know going in some additional questions to ask

Thanks
~diana
Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Contract Questions

• mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I feel like I have been in constant contact with our venue since we picked it! A few things I have asked:

When are menu decisions and final head counts due? When do we submit a seating chart?

Do you allow candles, sparklers, exterior decoration?

Can the staff help with setup/tear down, and is there a cost for that?

Will there be any other events on the day of our wedding? Will the venue be open to the public (it's at a golf club)?

Hmm... that's all I can think of for now! One of the reasons we chose our venue is because of the event coordinator. She is very responsive to my incessant emails and is very patient with my crazy questions and bridal ramblings. This is super important, IMO, so if you don't feel comfortable with the coordinator, run the other way!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ours is a rental space and I asked what time vendors could come start setting up! 

And for the hotel, if we could have an earlier check in time and if there was a fee for placing "Welcome Bags" in each of the hotel rooms (there was a $3.00/bag charge!!) So now the guests will get it when they check in at the front desk!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_contract-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:b8001f83-f11d-4368-8775-6fc1bffadff0Post:7cab5ef8-adc1-4ae7-b8e7-2265c0a43b56">Re: Contract Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours is a rental space and I asked what time vendors could come start setting up!  And for the hotel, if we could have an earlier check in time and if there was a fee for placing "Welcome Bags" in each of the hotel rooms (there was a $3.00/bag charge!!) So now the guests will get it when they check in at the front desk!
    Posted by elliemonster2012[/QUOTE]

I did already actually ask about the welcome bags - I am not having them placed in rooms though - I just wanted to know if they hand them out as guests check in - if there was a charge -- so far so good there since their isn't a charge

Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_contract-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:b8001f83-f11d-4368-8775-6fc1bffadff0Post:c0322ca9-b98d-4b3f-94af-82c8be6d1712">Re: Contract Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like I have been in constant contact with our venue since we picked it! A few things I have asked: When are menu decisions and final head counts due? When do we submit a seating chart? Do you allow candles, sparklers, exterior decoration? Can the staff help with setup/tear down, and is there a cost for that? Will there be any other events on the day of our wedding? Will the venue be open to the public (it's at a golf club)? Hmm... that's all I can think of for now! One of the reasons we chose our venue is because of the event coordinator. She is very responsive to my incessant emails and is very patient with my crazy questions and bridal ramblings. This is super important, IMO, so if you don't feel comfortable with the coordinator, run the other way!
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

Thanks ! turns out that the meeting / contract talk today really wasns't about the specifics I was expecting - we do have our contract and our date for sure though !  super excited -

when they emailed the contract after the meeting I got all excited - because it is the first thing that actually says Moore/ Campbell wedding - I guess officially aanyways - Yay
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards