September 2013 Weddings

Venue Lighting

So I guess I don't know a whole lot about this whole lighting thing.. My fiance is telling me it makes a big difference and I noticed that some DJ's offer it as part of their packages even.  I guess (?) it is for the dance floor and maybe walls? I seriously have no clue... Is anyone using lighting inside their venue!??

Re: Venue Lighting

• We are definitely going to consider it if its in our budget. We haven't booked a dj yet but I noticed too that a lot of them offer it as a service. I've been to weddings that have uplighting and it looks great! Our venue is sort of plain inside so if its not too expensive we will definitely do it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really like the look of uplighting, and have considered it. I really like the names and dates displayed on the dance floor. If anything, we will do that.
    Sept. 13 March Siggy Challenge: hair inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing very little in terms of decorating of our venue but we are definitely doing up lighting. I like the feel it gives the room.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our tent is very white, so we're doing lots of lighting effects to warm it up. FI has been DJing for the last 10 years, so this is his area to shine. So far we've got: up lighting, custom name/date gobo and an autumn leaves gobo. I'm sure this will grow significantly over the next few months! The autumn leaves gobo is beautiful, we're going to have it multiplied a few times on our dance floor to play up our theme.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Man... I haven't even thought about lighting! Another thing to add to the list! grrr... lol
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hadn't thought of it until I was starting to look at Djs. Now I have to really decide
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Daytime wedding/reception means no lighting for us!  All natural light in our venue :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards