Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Bachelorette Party and E-pic help

Hi Ladies!  I posted this on the Austin board and got no responses, so I thought y'all might be able to answer a few questions.  TIA!

I am helping to plan a bachelorette party for one of my friends and she has this paint bar idea.  She saw it on Miss Congeniality and heard it was in Austin.  I cant find anything, other than people saying there are 6 of them??? I have been to Austin twice and never seen such a thing.  Anybody know of a paint bar in or around Austin?

Also, I won an engagement session in Austin and need some location ideas.  We are doing them in October and would like them to be outside.  Outside of the Austin area is ok too.  Is there anything in Bee Cave, FI had mentioned that as a possibility.

Re: Bachelorette Party and E-pic help

• edited December 2011
    You'll probably have better luck asking the photographer for ideas on photo locations.

As for the paint bar, I'm not an Austin bar pro by any means, but I have also attended parties on sixth street, and I've never seen a paint bar nor anyone who looked as though they'd been to a paint bar.
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Zilker park and botanical gardens are really pretty. I guess it depends on the style you want. Downtown would be unique but you would need to decide which part you would want because it's so eclectic. Ask your photographer for some advice. As for a paint bar, there is one here I just don't remember what its called.
  • edited December 2011

What is a paint bar? I've never heard of them.

• edited December 2011
    My best friend had her b-party in the back room of a pottery painting place. We were able to rent out the room and it was BYOB. Is that what you're thinking? It's called Cafe Monet I think; it was in a shopping center at Westgate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, as far as e-pics, I wonder if you could use the Umlauf Sculpture Garden or the Elisabet Ney Museum. They are both really pretty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    A paint bar is similar to the bar the girls in Miss Congeniality went out to where they had drummers and glow in the dark paint?  The paint is beat off the drums and onto people.

The one that was supposedly from the movie was a stage setup inside Sunset Station in San Antonio. The paint is not normal for the location.  Google is my friend :D
  • MBS0310MBS0310 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help!  I saw the bar was made up for the movie, but didn't know if Austin was weird enough to have one :P
  • bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my friend went to one in dallas. but as for austin. I have no idea :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards