September 2013 Weddings
Options

MMM - ice storm edition!

Hope anyone affected by the bad weather is getting around safely this morning!

What does everyone have going on this week?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MMM - ice storm edition!

• Options
    Cake Tasting on Saturday! 

We had a super productive wedding weekend.   FI and I went to men's warehouse and tried on tuxedos. We didn't book yet but we narrowed it down. They are going to order our two choices in his size so we can go try them on at the end of the month. 

And here is one of the reasons why i love my FI: yesterday he spent hours making a scale drawing of our venue, then cutting "tables" out of construction paper to try figure out the best way to set up our dining room.

In addition to doing that, we picked entrance song, cake cutting song, first dance, and father/daughter mother/son song. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We're also going to a cupcake consult on Saturday at my favorite cupcake shop. I'm hoping we get lots of free samples to try!

This weekend was especially productive for us as well.  We stopped by the venue to find out they hired a famous Canadian Chef and are revamping the venue/restaurant. I got a groupon for invites and picked them out. Just waiting for the church to confirm the ceremony times and I'll be ordering them. FI bought his wedding band, he's getting it custom made and it was 20% off and I got a pair of Tacori earrings out of the deal so I'm happy!! Also, I bought our favor boxes. Less that .93 each.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We signed a lease this weekend and started looking into furniture.  FI and I also had a nice "discussion" about how I need him to actually help me out and have an opinion about some of this stuff.  We'll see if it makes a difference.

This week I'm determined to get the save the dates out.  I wanted them out last week but we've been so busy with other things... 
  • Options
    We got hit with freezing rain here this morning too. The roads were too, too bad...but the sidewalks coming into work were scary! haha

I ordered more invite samples and they came on Saturday- I actually loved them and I think I will go with them!

I am supposed to try CrossFit this week, we will see if that happens. Other than that, it is my last week at this job before I start a new one next week! Also, we are going BMaid Dress shopping this weekend :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
  • Options
    Seems like everyone had a productive weekend :)
    My FI is here which is great. So nice to spend some time together. Seeing as I finally ordered my dress this weekend I feel better that things are going somewhere. The photographer is 90% done too, hope they confirm this week. We are oging to talk with the priest this week, wonder how that will go.
    Apart from that my grandma seems to be dying so my parents are coming home from the caribbean and I guess it will be a family filled week. Fingers corssed she feels better, but I highly doubt it. Sometimes reality sucks. Time will show though.

Wish you all a great week both on the WR and NWR front!
  • Options
    I have been having a hellish day at work and am taking a quick break for this Laughing I worked all weekend, but that means I get a day and a half off during the week so I think I will take off Wednesday since it is supposed to get to 70 degrees! Me and the puppy could use a day at the park. I was going to go look at florists on my day off but I really don't feel like making the 3 hour drive then rushing back to pick up my dog from dog day care... so I may wait until I find a day next month when hopefully FI will be in town so that I don't have to rush back and he can watch the dog. He travels for work quite a bit and he's in Texas this week... boooooo. Hmmm but I don't want to wait too long to book them and who knows when I can get off work again so I may just go. haha wow, I guess I'm debating with myself on this post lol

Does anyone know if florists would be able to give quotes if I just emailed them pictures??? I feel like that would be better to at least narrow down my options.
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We've been kinda on the low end of the planning this month!  Going tonight to get BM dresses for my cousins wedding tonight!

J Crew.  Not super pumped seeing that they are all $250.00.  FAIL.

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Woke up to snow and have been promised freezing rain by the afternoon commute - lovely!

Finished the registries and website last night, and got the save the dates in the mail this morning!  My dress will be in this week so I'll try her on and take her home (to my parents - FI is already on the hunt!)!!  Once I try my dress on again with the veil, I can decide if I want to get a sparkly belt or not, and if so, what type.  Decisions, decisions...

BM dress shopping on Saturday - I am BEYOND stoked for that  Started looking at bands for FI over the weekend.  Ordered the card box, booked transportation and a florist on Friday as well.  I think I'm good for the moment!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • Options
    Nothing much planned for the wedding I'm sure that will pick back up next week since we close on our house Thursday !! So I will be spending the week moving. I pretty much spent this weekend doing nothing but packing. Along with mrskloop I am going to enjoy this 70 degree weather we are suppose to have for two days before it gets cold again.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our save the date magnets are coming tomorrow from Vistaprint - so excited! So I'm in the process now of collecting the outstanding addresses we need to send those out hopefully this weekend. We also are making a decision about a photographer - we've met with 2 finalists. Also, trying to round up a day some of my BMs can try on dresses. 

All in all, I'm feeling good about getting things accomplished. I'll feel 1000x more excited once save the dates are out in the mail and it makes things OFFICIAL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Christina congrats on the new home!

I am jealous of you and mrskloop for the beautiful weather you two are going to have this week. Weds I get to work from home and it will be 50 and I was excited for that, until I saw you will be in the 70s! ahah
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
  • Options
    We have a wedding filled weekend too. We ordered the STDs, I know I am late. And we both interviewed a prospective DOC. Which went really good. Then we choose the food for the wedding. Tasting is a month. Yay!!
    SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • Options
    We are hopefully booking our honeymoon this week. I just recieved the florist contract so i have to make sure I send that out too... can't believe how fast time is going by!

It's been a productive day at work so far...these are the kind of Mondays I love! 
    ***February Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon Destination - Punta Cana!*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We had a very wedding filled weekend also. Saturday I went to our local winery with my 2 best friends/bridesmaids and picked out our wines for the wedding, Sunday went to a local bridal show and figured out exactly what I want my flowers to look like and got the DJ booked and today went shopping with my mom and she purchased her dress for the wedding, she has loved it since she tried it on first and has tried it on 3 times now and just can't decide and is being discontinued and would have to take the one they had and it fit her perfectly and she got it 50% off so she had to buy it and I bought my daughters dress for our wedding that looks almost exactly like mine but miniature, and this weekend FI and I are finishing our registry, ordering our wedding bands and are picking out the guys clothes for the wedding!!
    So excited!
  • Options
    I bought flowers and ribbon for my bouquet, items for favors, and a few other DIY projects.

I got referrals for a seamstress (to alter my dress) and a stylist (MUST have a trial run soon to decide if I will need extensions) from friends I definitely trust.

AND our STDs go out TONIGHT!  :-)

...hope everyone stays safe and sane this week!

- Melisssa
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sept. 2013 Board Sig Challenge for March: Hair Inspiration

Big freeze curls framing my face like this; Inverted braid or Frech twist up the back. No flower. Veil attached to comb in the back at top of braid/twist.

• Options
    WR: FI and I sat down Sunday night to talk budget.  Looks like we're going over :-/  But we did set up the beginnings for a wedding website.  I'm going to book an appointment for a florist and a baker for Thursday on my day off.  I also ordered more paper samples for thel invites that I'm planning to make.  

NWR:  So far so good at work this week.  I had to keep my boss calm part of the day- she was prepping all day for a big district meeting tomorrow.  I managed to get through some merchandising documents for the store, but I'm still frustrated at work because I haven't had the opportunity to read a 120 page document on all the policy changes for the year- ugh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards