Favors
Options

Tote Bag Design?

Hello Ladies,

So for the holidays a few years ago my cousin made us grocery tote bags that he decorated with little animals and wrote phrases on the back. Now we all love this bag because it is sturdy for groceries (way better than the ones you buy in the store). I would like to do this for the OOT bags at the hotel. But I was wondering what, if anything, I should decorate it with. Our monogram is complex so I don't know that I want to be painting that on. Should I do some sort of wedding thing? Or should I do something Chicago related (Cubs/Sox or Hawks or Giordanos Pizza). Or should I not bother putting anything on it? Or does this idea suck so bad? Thoughts please!
Anniversary image

Re: Tote Bag Design?

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't begin to imagine carrying a bag with someone else's monogram on it.  Sorry.

I'd say Chicago related would be much more post-wedding user friendly.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    S_A_FriedelS_A_Friedel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs to make it something Chicago related or otherwise generic.  I also wouldn't ever use a bag that has your name/monogram on it.  How about your favorite quote? 
  • Options
    palaxciospalaxcios member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love tote bags! But I agree if it is too personalized to your wedding people might not carry again, but if it is Chicago related then people would carry it as sort of a souvenir of a place they visited. But I do LOVE the tote bag idea! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would do Chicago related, only I would put more like the city skyline.  Unless every last guest is from Chicago, they aren't going to be jazzed about the sports teams.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards