Favors

XP: Rehearsal dinners (sorry, in wrong place!)

EDIT:  Meant to post this on the Etiquette board -- sorry, this is definitely not related to favors!

Hi everyone!  I have a few questions about RD etiquette:

1.  We're sending out invitations for the RD soon.  I know it's not necessary, but the hosts would feel more comfortable if paper invites were sent out, and we're happy to go ahead and send out them on their behalf (they're a bit older and live about 6 hours away, so we've been taking care of things and are happy to do this to make things easier for them!)  My question is about wording -- we'll obviously be having the rehearsal dinner after the rehearsal, but most of the RD invites I've seen don't mention a rehearsal anywhere.  Do we add something to the invitation specifying when and where the rehearsal itself will be, or just include an extra little insert with that information, or just send the RD invites and pass along the info on the rehearsal itself via email or phone call?

2.  We gave all single guests to the wedding a +1.  Do we need to give those attending a +1 for the RD as well?  It seems unnecessary, and I know that if I were a date to the wedding of people I'd never met, I'd feel awkward going to a more intimate RD beforehand.  However, I do have an out-of-town bridesmaid who will probably bring either someone from out of town or a friend from in town.  If she brings an out of town guest, I would feel bad not allowing her a +1 as then the +1 would be all alone for the evening!  On the other hand, it seems unfair if I say she can have a +1 but none of the in-town bridesmaids/groomsmen can, especially if she ends up bringing a friend from in town!

Once again, I'm pretty sure I'm overthinking things . . . but any help would be much appreciated!

Re: XP: Rehearsal dinners (sorry, in wrong place!)

• This is probably better meant for the etiquette board, but I believe if you allow +1 for the wedding, you allow them for the RD as well.

I sent out paper invites for our RD since we were inviting all our OOT guests.  So obviously we didn't mention the actual rehearsal but I don't remember what we did!  I think it was just word of mouth, and we also posted it on our wedding website.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_rehearsal-dinners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:08baa376-086e-44b5-94b5-171d9e616efaPost:952d3bd5-4853-4839-bcd2-8347b915a275">Re: Rehearsal dinners</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is probably better meant for the etiquette board, but I believe if you allow +1 for the wedding, you allow them for the RD as well. I sent out paper invites for our RD since we were inviting all our OOT guests.  So obviously we didn't mention the actual rehearsal but I don't remember what we did!  I think it was just word of mouth, and we also posted it on our wedding website.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

<div>Oooops!!  I thought I had posted this on the Etiquette board -- don't know how I ended up here!  Thanks for pointing that out and thanks for the advice!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards