Favors
Options

Destination Favors

We are getting married in Mexico in June.  We want to have a small gift bag waiting in the room for our guests when they arrive as a "Thanks for Coming All This Way" gift.  We want to keep the costs down but also don't want to give our friends crap they don't want. 

We are having the wedding at an all-inclusive resort so snacks aren't really necessary but they are easy and cheap. Also we went to a destination wedding last year and the snacks came in handy when we got in late after the rehearsal dinner so I'm torn on the snack idea.

We were kind of thinking of golf balls with our names and the wedding date, maybe a bag of personalized M&Ms, maybe a mini bottle of sparkling cider with a personalized logo (we found on the knot shop), and then maybe a keepsake we find down there before our guests arrive.

Any/all ideas are welcome!!!! 

Thanks!!Laughing

Re: Destination Favors

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_destination-favors-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:0ad2c766-cb7d-4171-ab9f-0f8f3948ae98Post:fdd8c8a6-5779-4e4e-84d3-f15bc6070488">Destination Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married in Mexico in June.  We want to have a small gift bag waiting in the room for our guests when they arrive as a "Thanks for Coming All This Way" gift.  We want to keep the costs down but also don't want to give our friends crap they don't want.  We are having the wedding at an all-inclusive resort so snacks aren't really necessary but they are easy and cheap. Also we went to a destination wedding last year and the snacks came in handy when we got in late after the rehearsal dinner so I'm torn on the snack idea.  We were kind of thinking of golf balls with our names and the wedding date, maybe a bag of personalized M&Ms, maybe a mini bottle of sparkling cider with a personalized logo (we found on the knot shop), and then maybe a keepsake we find down there before our guests arrive. Any/all ideas are welcome!!!!  Thanks!!
    Posted by bethnsy@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]

To be honest, unless your guests are golfers, the golf balls are useless.  The sparkling cider is okay, but I don't really need a personalized logo on a bottle I'm just going to toss after I drink what's inside.  Keepsake?  Nah-don't really need a trinket.

What might I want?  A couple of bottles of water, some granola bars and/or cookies, chips, etc.  A note telling me how to access transportation if I need to do that.  A map of where I'm going if I need that.

Actually, I think welcome bags aren't really necessary at all, but I definitely wouldn't spend money on all the personalized "stuff" that people don't want anyway.  JMO.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    catang1catang1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been grappling with this decision as well. We are getting married in Jamaica in July, also at an all inclusive resort. I felt the same way about the snacks. I was thinking about possibly giving guest a beach bag as the welcome bag, so that hey could use it while they were there and it can be used after again as well. we were thinking of maybe putting the date or Jamaica or both on the bags. not sure on that yet.
    Also inside of it we would have a welcome letter ,letting guests know when and where everything was in relation to the wedding and the welcome dinner and it would include info about local transportation and places of interest.
  • Options
    bean0408bean0408 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Jamaica in Oct. In our bags I am going to do things that I think that may be used while we are there like lip balm with SPF, sunscreen, bug spray and maybe a "care kit" with advil,pepto, band-aid, all tied up cute in a personalized cut little bag. Flip flops are a cute idea but sizes are a difficulty I'm having a hard time with... I'm putting all this in a beach bag I had made with Ocho Rios on it as a keepsake. I have actually had a lot of fun with this :)
  • Options
    catang1catang1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    where did you have the beach bags made up?
  • Options
    bean0408bean0408 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

vistaprint.com  When they have a sale, its a great deal if not its a little more expensive. They have several tropical designs to pick from that are really cute. Another cheaper but still cute option is the Oriental Trading company. They have some cute luau printed bags that are very affordable that I didn't find until after I ordered mine.

• Options
    catang1catang1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info. I have a snow day today, so I will check them out.
  • Options
    bean0408bean0408 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no problem! hope you find what you are lookign for!Cool
  • Options
    felkelsfelkels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    don't put your date...maybe the location, but if you do your date they are not going to want to use the bag again...that date does not have the meaning to them that it does to you...  personalize but keep it something everyone will enjoy.  Have fun.  and all of you enjoy your destination weddings...sounds like fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards