Favors

Favors a must?

I never really thought too much about doing favors. I figure they are a wasted expense and when doing a wedding on a budget, this seems to be the first thing I thought should go. Most people do candy or something edible so what is the point? Is it rude if I do not do favors for the guests? Will the guests think that is weird?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Favors a must?

• edited December 2011
    Favors are totally optional and if they aren't there most guests won't notice at all. Go ahead and skip them if you want.
  • edited December 2011
    To be perfectly honest, I had never heard of wedding favors other than matchbooks until the Knot. I don't think guests will notice if they are missing, because I never did. If you don't have the budget, don't spend the money. Plus I think it would be pretty rude for someone who just had a free meal, free drinks and free cake to say "where's my favor?"
  • edited December 2011
    The only kind of favors that knew of before the knot was Jordan Almonds wraped in tulle.
  • edited December 2011
    We're not doing favors at all. Since our wedding is at night, we're just going to do finger foods, and then have people take the cake home as a favor. So, the most we'll spend on "favors" is the cake boxes, which run pretty cheap.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards