Favors

Donation as favors

Hi! We are opting to NOT do trinket type favors. I find it to be a waste of money, most get left behind.  So instead I want to put that money towards a donation, possibly to local animal shelter. I want to make nice postings around key reception areas...any ideas on cute phrases?  In lieu of favors we ...??  Any help is appreciated!! 

Re: Donation as favors

• edited December 2011
    "To commemorate the happy occasion of our marriage, we have made a donation to ___."Make NO mention of favors. Your donation to YOUR charity is not a favor for someone else.
  • devjeffdevjeff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    good point! thanks!
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another knottie pointed out that you don't tell people about something that you're not giving them.So do your donation, but don't call it a favor, or even put "in lieu of...."
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    I disagree somewhat with PP's. FI and I have both lost grandparents to Alzheimers. It is a horrible disease that both of our families have had to battle with first hand. So our notes said, "Thank you for sharing with us on our special day and halping to create memories to last a lifetime. We have made a donation to the Alzheimers Association in what we hope will be a meaningful way to thank you. Love, Mr. & Mrs."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards