Favors

chocolate covered coffee beans?

So I need to purchase favors soon for our wine/coffee/chocolate themed wedding and I've been planning on either dark chocolate covered coffee beans or raspberry chocolate covered coffee beans as they're inexpensive and I love them. I've never seen them as a favor though. Do you think enough people would enjoy them or not? I know not everyone likes coffee, but I really like the idea.

Re: chocolate covered coffee beans?

• edited December 2011
    YUMM!!! I think that's a great favor!  I'm not a coffee drinker AT ALL, but I would totally eat up some chocolate covered coffee beans!  Plus it fits perfectly with your theme!  I say go for it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • alison1209alison1209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing chocolate covered espresso beans as favors! We picked them because our first kiss and FIs proposal happened at Starbuck's. I'm not really concerned if people will like them - I'm putting them in reusable spice jars so people can at least use the jar again if they don't like the beans. Just curious, where do you plan to get yours from? I haven't ordered ours yet since it's still so warm outside I'm afraid they'd melt in transit. I've found a few places online but am always eager to hear about other options!
  • edited December 2011
    Great, I'm more comfortable with doing them now! I didn't compare too many sources, but I did find some on nutsonline.com. What places were you considering? I hear ya with the melting factor, I'm going to put off ordering for a couple more weeks!
  • edited December 2011
    It depends on your crowd. If you know most poeople will like them then go for it, you're never going to please everyone anyways. But, if you have a feeling a lot of your guests wont like them, then IMO don't waste your money on something that wont get eaten, just because you like the idea.
  • alison1209alison1209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found them on coffeewholesalers.com but it looks like nuthouse might be cheaper. With the jars I'm doing, we figured it out that we'll need between 25 and 30 pounds of beans!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Just think... no one eats Jordan Almonds, so no worries! I would like to eat them, but I would suggest getting the dark chocolate ones (not the raspberry ones) - definitely more plausible for more people! They sound great.... and you may want to check out papermart dot com... they have outstanding favor boxes that are super inexpensive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards