Favors

photobooth and coaster favors

i am contemplating a photo coaster favor as my fiance is from louisville kentucky and i found some with a fleur de lis pattern (a symbol for louisville kentucky as welll as new orleans and something we have decorated our home with as we both like them). i would ideally like to leave these on the table with a note to visit the photobooth to create your own keepsake. my thoughts are that people are prone to take the favor if its a icture of them and doesnt have our name all over it and they will use the photobooth! i  am concerned about the sizing of photos etc (more research is still needed on my part) but my question to the group is this something you would like at a wedding? does it work as a general idea?

Re: photobooth and coaster favors

• So the item is doing double duty? I think it's a great idea! I'm also from Louisville and really love France, so I'm partial to the fleur de lis.

To clarify, though, are you putting these at each place setting? Will you have some extras by the photo booth itself? Is it a glass or plastic coaster? I guess some people may display them vs actually use them as a coaster, to ensure the photo inside isn't damaged.

I really loved the photo booth my friend had at her wedding. They printed doubles of each photo and made a photo scrapbook kind of thing with the extra copy and everyone got to sign it. That way you have a keepsake for yourself as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • they are glass and youstick the pboto inside. tbey come two to a pack and i would want them at each plate. disp,ay or use i am hoping people take them and use them. is that a lofty goal?
  • I used glass photo coasters as favors, but instead of pictures, printed the guest's last name monogram on pearlescent paper and inserted that into the photo opening. I actually put these on the table near the entryway with their name and seat assignment tied to them. I gave a pair to each guest, so singles got 2, marrieds got 4, families got mutliples. 

I didn't have any left on the tables afterward, everyone took them. 

Pic here of how they looked on the entryway table:

I think your idea is fine, but maybe you would want to do something similar with the monograms, and that way they can choose between the monogram or the picture they have taken at the photobooth. Because my husband and I got married later in life, many of our guests were "more mature"........they might not have posed for a picture, but they liked having coasters with their monogram in them.

No, it's not a lofty goal. I think people will like it. At least my guests did.
  • I love this and may totally steal your idea :)))) Sue - did you just print out the monograms yourself? I'm so not a DIY kind of girl. Where did you all get the coasters?
  • weddingoutlet.com is where i found the coastersand thank you so much for the monogram idea!!
  • Sue - did you just print out the monograms yourself? I'm so not a DIY kind of girl. Where did you all get the coasters?

I got my coasters from the shop here on the Knot when they were on sale for 99 cents for a pair....

I used opalescent paper and made myself a template from excel. I sized/played around with it all with plain paper, making the "squares" (excel cells) the right size, then copied that onto word. I then put the monogram in the center in an enlarged format using the script we used for everything, which was Chopin Script, a standard Microsoft font. I can't remember the size the font ended up being, but it was around a 14 or 16 or something like that.

I think I ended up with about 10 "cells" or squares per page, then just printed it. Once printed, I cut them and put them into the picture openings on each coaster. It was time consuming, but for us, worth it.
  • I love this idea. I think your guest will like it also.

We are having a photobooth and giving either picture frames or picture holders as our favors to use with the pictures from the photobooth.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards